15. After The Party

Chapter Fifteen : After The Party

My head started to pound. From the shock of the fight or the super loud music, I don't know which. The guy who've got punched was already gone. I prayed that I could find Tiffany soon or I'm gonna be stuck in this party for another few head-pounding hours.

Just like the fairy godmother she is, Tiffany appeared behind me, calling me. A wave of relief rushed over me and I quickly went to where she was.

" Oh my God. I've been searching for you so long, Tiff, I-I," I started to have a tear trickling down my face. I don't know how to explain to her how I've just ruined someone's night so badly. She put both her hands on my shoulders and faced me.

" Shh.. Lei, don't worry. I saw it too," her baby blue eyes gave me a warmly feeling when she smiled softly at me.

I sobbed a little and said, " It's my first party ever and I ruined it. I'm such a great person."

" None of these is your fault," she gave me a reassuring look, " Look, maybe we should get you home now. It's been a night for you."

I nodded half-heartedly and took out my phone from my purse and dialed my mother's number. We waited outside the house and soon, my mother arrived and we got in the car.

" So, how was the party, girls? " Mom asked.

" It was okay, mom," I replied calmly. Tiff gave me another cheerful smile to make me feel better about the party.

We reached home and Tiff and I sat on the couches, watching some random movie. Suddenly, I realized that Tiff was holding the brightest smile on her face the whole time, like the best thing had happened to her and she couldn't wait to tell someone about it, even if it's just a cat. I sighed at her non-stop cheerfulness and finally break the silence between us during the movie.

" Just spill it out," I said.

She gave me a weird look and questioned, " What?"

I sighed again and moved my body sideways so that I was facing her. " You were holding the goofiest smile I've ever seen the whole time since the party and I know you want to tell me about it but you don't know if I'm emotionally stable for it or not yet."

She gave me a nervous laugh," You know me so well, Lei."

I rolled my eyes at her. " So, what is it?"

Her eyes were lightened up in a sudden and she said slowly, " You probably wouldn't believe this but..," she looked down to her fingers and sucked in a deep breath and continued, " DylanHeaversaskedformyphoneandIdon'tknowwhybutIgaveittohimandhedialedinhisnumberandI'mjustamazed." She let out a long breath she's been holding.

Don't ask me why but that's exactly how she said it. She said it in such a fast mode I could barely understand what she meant. I told her to slow down and repeat what she said again and she did. So basically, Dylan Heavers had asked for her phone and he dialed in his number and she's still amazed until now.

" Well, congrats then. But I didn't know you liked Dylan?"

Her cheeks were a little blushed and she replied, " Well.. maybe I do now. He is literally so effing cute when he mumbled nervously about having my number, I swear."

I laughed at her fangirl moment and she pushed me playfully, causing me to fall back onto the couch.

" But seriously, Lei, you have to admit he's kinda cute right?" Tiff asked.

" Yeah..but I think 'hot' would suit him more," I laughed lightly at her red face.

" Oh, shut up," said Tiff.

I held my hands up in defense, " Don't worry girl, he's all yours." We both laughed. It's great to laugh after you've had a bad party moment. At least for me.

Tiff then looked like she realized something and she asked me excitedly, " Oh yeah! What did Austin said to you that time, eh?"

She wiggled her eyebrows at me (something she does to mock me, a lot) and I just rolled my eyes at her again (something I always do to her too.)

" It's nothing." I lied. Heat rushed up my cheeks as I remembered the way his cute dimples showed when he laughs nervously.

" Hmm.. yeah right, Lei. I told you about my hot news and you're not sharing yours?" She gave me a slight pout, clearly begging me to spill everything out about Austin.

I shook my head at her and just bobbed her nose and said," Nope," popping the 'p'. I got out of the couch and yawned.
I looked at the clock on the wall. It's 11:25 p.m. already.

" You're so mea-," Tiff said but she was interrupted by her phone ringing. She answered it and it turned out to be her mom and not Dylan. (I mean, she must have been expecting Dylan because her face was literally a face of sunshine when her phone rang.)

She then hung up and informed that her mom had reached at my house and she needed to go so she gave me a short hug and teased me by saying in a sing-song voice, " Sweet dreams about Austin."

And I slapped her arm lightly and said the same thing about her with Dylan. After she left, I got upstairs to my room and found that my parents had already slept. My sister, Lyra was probably still hanging out with her friends at some party till later.

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth and jumped into my bed. It felt great to be in your bed finally, away from the drama and stuff.

I closed my eyes. I let my mind drifted away for a while. I didn't think about Austin and his cute nervousness. I didn't think about Tiffany's hot news. I didn't think about the awkward kissing scene. I didn't think about the fight.

But one thing I'm sure of was that I was unexpectedly thinking about Jackson McLean and why he protected me.

--
A/N
Happy Easter lovelies!
Here's an short update because I love you guys & also, this story reached 100+ VOTES!!! I can't believe it! Thank y'all sm :')

I might be doing a Jackson's POV next chap if you guys like sooo please comment your suggestions if you have! I'll try to update more frequently but maybe give me 120+ votes for a motivation? ;)

Please..
VOTE/
COMMENT/
SHARE .

Stay rad,
Daphne x