12. My Best Friend Is A Fairy Godmother

Chapter Twelve : My Best Friend Is A Fairy Godmother

If best friends could be magical fairy godmothers then I'm sure Tiffany could be one. All the magical godmother skills began when Tiff came to my house today as she promised.

I've never been so excited before. This is the first time I'm going to a party for so long. To be more exact, it's a Clarissa Madens party. You don't just get invites from her anyhow and anytime. It still keeps me wondering how Tiff could even manage to get on her 'decent people' list. It's like getting an Oscar when you are good at singing not acting.

About four thirty, Tiff arrived at my house and when I opened the door for her, it was the same old cheerful smile she's helding all the time.

" Leiiiiighton!" She embraced me. I should set a mental note that my best friends gives unexpected hugs so I could be more prepared next time.

I stood awkwardly, both of my arms at my sides and said when she pulled away finally, "Well, let's go upstairs."

I smiled at her and she replied, " Hell yeah, let's get started on your makeover by your fairy godmother."

I chuckled at her words and we went upstairs to my room. My room wasn't much of a big room but it was enough space for a normal teenager like me to sleep, dance randomly, eat, sing awfully and hibernate during weekends and holidays. Don't tell me you don't do those in your room alone. If you don't, I fear that you might be one weird ass unicorn.

My room is painted pale peach and my closet is quite small as I do not own many clothes. I'm not into fashion that much, really. Not like my sister at least. I sat on the edge of my bed as I watched Tiff examined my room like she was a interior designer. She was literally observing my room like she was my mother checking for anything messy.

" Are you done eye-raping my room?" I said, teasing her.

She turned to look at me and said, "You have such a nice room, Lei. You should invite me more often, you know?"

" Well, I'm not much of an inviting-my-friends-over-and-let's-party-kind-of-person," I said, " In fact, you're the first. You should be proud." It's true that I don't invite people over to my house often and Tiff is really the first friend I invited to see my room.

She smiled at me brightly, " That, I'm proud," she started looking into my closets, probably to see if my fashion senses are great or not (which I'm afraid not), " Well, should we get started?"

" Yup," I replied, popping the 'p'. I'm not gonna lie but I'm excited.

" So, where's the clothes that you're planning to wear to the party?" she asked.

I gestured my hands to a set of clothes I prepared aside in my closet. It's a decent band tee that I love personally with a pair of blue skinny jeans. I haven't decided the footwear yet but I'll leave that later on.

I gave her a small smile but she just gave me a big frown. It's not usual to see Tiff with a frown and not a smile so I was taken aback by her reaction. She shook her head slightly, like a mother disapproving a child's request to go outside to play.

I lifted my eyebrows, waiting for her answer and she just sighed at me. She looked at me and crossed her arms and said, " Leighton, who goes to a party with a band tee and skinny jeans?"

"Uhh.. me?"

She looked at me like I just made the worst joke ever in history. " You're kidding me right?" She laughed lightly.
I just stayed confused, looking at her while she laughed lightly.

After a while, she realized that I was actually serious about it, she just gave me a disbelieving look and said calmly while she placed her hand on my arm, " Lei, you don't go to a party with clothes like that. You have to learn to dress yourself up. "