37. Something I Want To Tell You

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Something I Want To Tell You

I felt something hard at the lower part of my back.

I could feel the heat of someone's body directly behind me on the bed. The person was sort of hugging me from behind. It took me seconds before I realized what it was. My eyes shot open.

"AHHHHHHH!" I shrieked loudly, jumping out of the bed in a flash.

I heard an exasperated grunt coming from Jackson, who had just woken up from the sudden shriek of mine. He squinted his eyes open slowly and mumbled 'What the hell?' to himself, completely puzzled, before finally laying his eyes on me.

"Jeez, woman. You scream louder than my grandma," he mumbled lazily, rubbing his left eye.

His expression was confused as to why I was standing, watching him and not on the bed beside him.

"Wait...what's wrong?" he asked groggily, still dazed from his sleep.

I gave him a look and his eyebrows scrunched together, thinking hard. My cheeks were burning hot. He watched as my eyes travelled lower down to his body, signalling him.

His whole face flushed bright pink when he realised it.

"Shit!" he cursed silently. "Uh-um..I'm s-sorry!" he blurted out as he quickly sat himself up on the bed. His hands flew to pull up the blankets to cover up his...cough...cough...manhood. God, I'm such a prude. I know.

I stared at my bedroom floor while he kept his eyes fixated on the wall beside him. Ugh, I shouldn't have let him sleep here last night. Neither of us uttered a word. This is so awkward...

Suddenly, I heard my mother calling.

"Leighton! What's the matter? I heard you screaming!" called Mom. Her voice was fairly distant. Which meant she could be downstairs, in the kitchen or something.

Then, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. My mom was walking up the stairs. To my room.

Shit. Shit. Shit! I cursed under my breath, panicking. Jackson heard the footsteps too and began to look as panicked as me. We were dead meat. Am I going to die? ...No, I can't die. I'm too young for my death.

"What are we supposed to do?! I can't let her see you like this! We have to do something!" I exclaimed, my heart thumping loudly in my chest.

His eyes widened and glanced around my room rapidly. "I will need to hide! Is there any place you can hide me?" he asked nervously.