6. Awkward

Chapter Six : Awkward

What in the world would Jackson freaking McLean do here? I thought.

I couldn't help but feel heat rushed up to my cheeks. Tiff looked at me, eyebrows raised, clearly confused too.

The blonde-haired boy then sat himself down at our table beside me not too close but not that far either, just a fair amount of space between us and decided to make a move after a moment of him enjoying our stupid, confused looks on our faces.

He then leaned in closer to us, now so close to my face that I could literally feel his hot breath against my cheeks and faced both of us and spoke in a low voice," I'm not trying to spoil your little chit-chat or something but this is my lunch table."

With that, Tiff and I both froze while he looked at both of us, still having his famous smirk on his stupid face. At last, Tiff decided to help break the awkward tension and said in a rather nervous tone, "Uhh..we're so sorry, we didn't know that it's your table so yeah, Lei, let's go."

She gave me a look that said, "Quick, let's go," and nodded her head to another table. Still feeling a little stunned, I just quickly got out of my seat in an awkward manner and followed her.

Before I went further, I felt a warm hand grabbed my wrist so I stopped and turned back.

It was Jackson. He looked like he had a bad time remembering something because he furrowed his eyebrows

" Do I know you or something? 'Cause you look really familiar."

Did he remember me? Shoot. My brain tried to function for some answers but it can't work this time because he was still holding my wrist. Yes, let me get this clear, the new hot guy in school who happened to be my very first crush last time was holding my wrist. I felt myself blushing furiously. I turned pretty stupid so I just stammered something like," U-Uhh."

Dang it, I'm always on retarded mode when I talk to a guy or more like crush. He realized me staring at his hand so he smiled awkwardly and released his grasp and ran a hand through his hair, staring at the ground.

" Shit," he cursed under his breath. "So sorry, I forgot."

I was about to say something but I heard someone called him by his name.

" Hey, Jackson. How ya doin', bro?" a tall brown haired guy said while patting his shoulder twice. He looked like a sports athlete with that well-built body.

He turned to him and said, " Oh, hey, Leo," and then they both did a weird boy handshake. Quickly, he turned back to me and said to me, " So, see you tomorrow afternoon?"

He left me a wink and then went off with his friend to his lunch table. With that, I ran immediately to Tiff at a table not so far away and sat myself across her. She was munching on her burger while wiggling her eyebrows at me playfully when she saw me.

" Sooo..should I know something that I should know by now?" she asked with her mouth still full.

" That was nothing, alright? And don't talk with your mouth full," I replied and rolled my eyes at her.

" Oh, just spit it out, will you?"

" No."

" I know there's something going on there,"

" No, there isn't," I lied.

" My dear, you're so bad at lying. Your face was like a tomato the whole time," she said, trying not to laugh. She must be imagining how my face looked like just now. I ignored her and ate my sandwich.

" Say it, Lei."

" No."

" Say."

" No."

" Say."

" No."

She stopped for a while after finishing her burger and looked at me.

" He isn't that bad right? Well, he's a little mean just now but hey, he's got the looks, so are you gonna admit or not?

I sighed. There was no use in hiding it from her so I spoke the truth. " Fine, fine, I'll tell you."

Her eyes then brightened up and she gave me a goofy smile. " He was my first crush, okay?"

" Wow, you mean you know him earlier?"

" He kinda was in this school two years ago and then suddenly, he left school and no one knew why and now, he's back."

Tiff was about to say something but the bell stopped her. Lunch was over. We waved fast goodbyes and I rushed to my next class.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N

Hi readers!!

I hope you like it and please,

VOTE /

SHARE /

COMMENT.

Thanks :) xoxo