7. Truth Revealed

Chapter Seven : Truth Revealed

After all classes had ended, I reached for my phone from my pocket when I felt a little vibration. This is weird. People rarely texts me. The only possiblity is my mom because there is no other person who would actually spend a minute to text me.

I was right. I saw my mom's text on the screen of my phone.

" Dear, I'm going to pick you up late today because I have some appointments with my friend. Sorry, I hope you don't mind," she texted me.

" It's okay, mom. I can stay at the library while waiting," I replied her.

" Good. See you later," she messaged back.

I sighed and took some books I need and went to the library. I didn't mind since I have always loved to stay in the big library. It just makes me feel so relaxed there. Hugging my books nearer to my chest, I feel the cold breeze of the air conditioner when I got in.

I sat at one of the tables at the end of the room. I opened my book and started reading. After a few minutes, I was distracted by some muffled noises at the very back of the room.

Curiosity hit me and I began to follow the noise. It was distracting and I could not stay focused on my reading. When I reached to the last few shelves at the very back of the library, the noise became more evident. It wasn't any type of noise, it's more like husky voices whispering.

I went to the second last row of shelves and peeked through the gap in between the books. There were a few moans, definitely a girl's, to be heard from there. I nearly puke when I saw it. It was a familiar-looking girl and a boy who looks like a senior clearly sucking their faces at each other. Just then, realisation struck me when I got a better view of the girl's face. It was the person I least expected.

Alexa. What is she doing here? Isn't she having tutoring lessons during this time? Oh god, what is she doing to herself? I'm sure that she has tutoring lessons after school every Friday since I used to do that with her. Maybe she has tutoring lessons with this guy, who knows? Maybe the main reason she chose him instead of me was to have make outs with him.

Wait, so this is why she looked so guilty when she told me she didn't need tutoring from me anymore. I can't even, geez, forget it. Thinking too much just makes my head ache again. Ugh, I can't bare looking at this anymore. I have to get out of there. Their constant moans just make me sick.

But, oh well, luck is never on my side so when I was about to leave and get back to my table, I tripped over some books placed near the lowest shelves on the floor. Because of that, I accidentally made a soft thud but when you're in a library, everything which is supposed to be soft turned out to be loud.

Stupid books. Out of so many places in the world, why are you here? Timing just messed up my life. Before I could quickly escape from this awkward situation, I heard the voice which I have been expecting.

" Leighton? What are you doing here?" Alexa asked.

I turned to her and said, " Uh, hey Alexa," and then shrugged innocently before adding, " Just looking for some books, that's all."

I tried to hide the fact that I caught her making out with a senior but I know I failed when she gave me a confused look. She then looked at the shelf beside me and turned back to me again, this time giving me a cheeky grin. Huh?

" Uhmm, you're in the porn books' section," she told me, lifting her eyebrows at me.

" Wait, w-what?" I blurted out. What?! They had porn books in the school library? Are you freaking kidding me?

She stared, still having her eyebrows lifted while waiting for an answer.

"W-what? Uhmm, I wasn't-I mean I was looking for classics but I didn't know there was such a section in the school library," I half stuttered and replied in my defence.

She narrowed her eyes at me for a few seconds but then replied," You look surprised. How could you not know that?" I just stared at her, completely lost.

"Some teachers do read porn books here in the library secretly. That's why it's at the far end," she said matter-of-factly.

"Oh," was all I said. I don't know what to answer her anymore so I quickly excuse myself so I can get away from this situation quick.

Before I could walk away any further, she tugged on my arm.

" You saw it just now right?" she asked with a guilty look on her face. Guilty look again and I immediately knew it.

"Uhh..,"I nodded my head.

"I-I'm really sorry, that's not the main reason why, okay? Please just don't tell my mom, please,"said Alexa. She had a worried look on her face.

I know I shouldn't argue with her any further so I agreed and went back to my table quickly. I checked the time on my phone and it was 4:30pm already. My mom should be here soon so I grabbed my books and bag and head to the entrance.

Accurate enough, my mom had reached here so I got in the car, greeting my mom with a kiss.

" So, how's your day, sweetie?"

Not that good, just found out a friend ditched me for another guy because of her needs and teachers at my school read porn. Two truths revealed. But of course, I didn't tell her that.

"Fine."

There, simple yet effective reply.

--
A/N

Hey TGU("The Girl Unnoticed") readers!

Sorry, it was a pretty crappy chapter but I hope you don't mind. Next chap will be about Jackson and Leighton, I'm sure!

Thanks for all of your support xx

Please

VOTE/

COMMENT/

SHARE.

xoxo