Chapter 1

You sat beside your bedroom window curled up in a blanket. Your eyelids started to fall as your phone got a notification. You reached over to your table to grab your phone and open the email. 

-----------------------------------------

Dear, (Y/N) (L/N)

We are emailing to let you know that your transfer at (School Name) was successful. The first day of school will be on August 28, 2020. 

Sincerely, (Principal Name).

-----------------------------------------

You merely rolled your eyes and threw your phone across the room. You got up to change and exited your room to tell your parents that you were going out.

"I'm going out."

"What!? Who said you could go out!?" your dad questions angrily. "Hey, answer me!!"

You dipped your head down and just ignored him as you headed for the door. You were too tired to deal with their antics and decided that you would just do it later when you came back. 

Finally, you arrived at Target to buy the needed things for the upcoming school year. You would have liked it if you didn't have to transfer, but apparently, it was your fault because you had attempted suicide in front of a bunch of other people, whom you warned before jumping off.

You walked into Target and headed for the clothing aisle first. All your clothes at home- at the place you lived were either torn because of your parents or they were too small. The only outfit that was still fine was the one you were wearing at the moment.

You found some pairs of black hoodies with black sweatpants and practically bought them all. Next, you went to the food aisle. It was near 9:00 PM and you haven't even had an actual meal since yesterday. Obviously, it was your parents' fault. They ate it all and didn't even bother going out to get more for you, not like they would even consider doing that.

You put a box of eggs in your cart along with some vegetables and instant noodles. You were planning to eat it outside and not at your poor excuse of a home, you couldn't even consider it a home. 

As you started rolling the cart over to the cashier, a voice grabbed your attention.

"Hey, girl!"

You turned your head over to the owner of the voice. It was a male with a pompadour. 

"Me?" you asked.

"Yeah, are you alright? Here's some tissues," the male worried.

You looked at him with dead and confused eyes. Why would you need tissues?

The male seemed to understand your confusion and answered, "You have a nosebleed, miss..?"

"Oh... thanks, then. And shouldn't you introduce yourself first before asking for my name?" you said.

"Oh, of course! My name is Jo-"

"My name's (Y/N) (L/N). Maybe it's nice to meet you," you introduced yourself to him while putting your purchases into your bag while pinching your nose.

"A-ah, right. My name is Josuke Higashikata! Nice to meet you!" he said a bit too cheerfully for your liking.

"Right. Well, thanks for telling me about my nosebleed, but I have to get going now. See you next time maybe.." you responded tiredly as you took the bag of things you bought and headed for the exit of Target.

"Alright, goodbye!" the male shouts at you before getting shushed at by the employees.

You walk over to a bench near a cliff with a view of the sky and ocean. You take out your water and pour it into the bowl of dry noodles and wait for it to cook while making the eggs and vegetables with the small stove you brought along with you.