Chapter 1 - Family

"Ok, lets try this again (Y/N). Open wide~!"

"No!"

"Come on, please~?"

"No!"

Hange sighed as she put down the spoon of porridge, frowning slightly at her child who was downright refusing to eat any of the food that apparently wasn't meat. It makes sense, as for the first few days she spent her time examining everything about you. She scoured your body from head to tail, opening your large wings, playing with your claws and at one point brushing your sharp carnivorous teeth for you. All of that bringing her to the conclusion that you, whatever you were, are an apex predator that obviously didn't have the instinct to eat anything that wasn't meat.

Before the week was over she knew all your physical characteristics, but not your abilities or limits.

As she once again picked up the spoon and tried to force feed you the porridge, her mind wondered to what she could do to try and find out these things and what way she could go about it that you would be fine with. For an infant, you were very fussy and bossy about a lot of things, which came as a surprise to Hange but she was more then happy to get her baby anything they wanted or needed.

Of course Moblit was worried that because of this you would become a bit spoiled, so he was not only a voice of reason to Hange and her erratic behaviour out on the field and during work, but now he was your self appointed guardian and babysitter that helped when your mother got too out of hand. Which was often.

Suddenly it came to her, Hange taking the spoon out of your maw and ignoring the fact you spat the slop out with a hiss at the bowl in front of you.

"Oh my sweet little (Y/N)~..."

"Hmm?"

"How would you like some meat from the officers pantry~?"

You perked up immediately, long tail wagging at an accelerated pace while your wings expanded at the prospect of meat, knocking over a book and some pages while they did.

Hange looked pleased at your reaction, smiling widely to herself as she leaned forward and gently kissed your nose, making you purr at the contact and action before jumping up and climbing onto her back.

This was the default position you would get around the place with you with Hange or Moblit, clinging onto either Mama's back or Moblit's whenever she was busy and appointee him to watch over you. Your guardian had taken quite a shine to you along with your mother, he actually was more then happy to give you free reign every now and then, you loved him but not as much as Mama. Though it was always a close tie when he let you chase and eat the rats and mice that would find their way into the building.

Back to Mama though, you stayed secured to her back as she paced around for a bit before grabbing some spare paper and some charcoal, peaking your curiosity with a small chip to which she widely smiled and carried you out of the room and towards the courtyard.

On the way a few of the scouts waved to you and nodded towards Mama, they were a little worried and concerned about you when you were first introduced but it wasn't long before you had been accepted as just another part of their lives.

>...Six Days Earlier...<

"What is it?"