𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 - 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐘 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐌𝐄

ATHENA HAD been over at the Dunphy's just hanging out since Haley wasn't available. She was helping Claire out in the kitchen when Gloria and Manny showed up.

"Manny brought his favorite game to play with Luke," Gloria told Claire as Manny took the box out of his bag.

"It's called Empire," Manny started to explain. "You use strategy to expand territories and take over the world."

"Luke is gonna love that," Claire told him. "He's out back playing."

"Do you need me to get you something while I'm out shopping?" Gloria asked.

"Can you get me a new best friend?" Athena asked. "One without can annoying boyfriend preferably." She had definitely been annoyed of being ditched by Haley for Dylan.

𝐀𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐚

"Okay, so I'm a little upset that Dylan is stealing my best friend but I have every right to be jealous. I mean, she's spending all of her time with some stupid boy! What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

☺︎

"That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. Thanks," Claire told Gloria.

"Okay. What about this?" Alex asked, showing her outfit to Claire and Athena.

"You don't even say 'Hello' to Gloria and Manny?"

"Hi, Gloria and Manny. Okay, Mom, what about this?"

"No. You're wearing a dress," Claire told her youngest daughter.

"Mom, come on."

"What? It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon?"

"But it's a wedding for some friend of yours I never even heard of."

"It's non-negotiable. You can borrow a dress of Haley's again."

"No," Alex said. "That's sends an ugly message — that I'm Haley. You know, instead of trying to force me to wear a dress, why don't you worry about getting Luke to wear some pants?"

"What?" Athena laughed, looking out the window to see Luke jumping on the trampoline in his underwear and a box on his head.

"Why does he do this?" Claire asked, waking over to the door. "Luke! Pants! Come on!"

☺︎

"Alex, why don't you come shopping with me?" Gloria offered. "Athena, too! Maybe we can help you find something that you like and Thea doesn't have to just sit around without Haley."

"That's a really nice offer, but it's not really her thing," Claire said.

"Actually, I'd love to go," Alex said. "See, you don't know what my thing is. You have no idea what my thing is."

"I know what your thing is. Your thing is to provoke, just like your sister's thing is to never come out of her room, and your brothers thing — well, theres your brothers thing. Luke! Put em on!"

☺︎

"I was thinking after lunch we can go and do a little shopping," Gloria said as her, Alex and Athena walked over to their table.

"I'm not getting a dress," Alex said.

"Who cares?" Athena said. "You don't need to wear a dress. I've worn too many of Haley's and it sucks."