𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐂𝐎𝐀𝐋 𝐃𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑

"HEY, MOM?" Haley asked as she walked into the kitchen with Athena right behind like usual.

"Yeah?" Claire asked, hesitantly.

"Can I have $40 for lunch?"

"Forty dollars?"

"I also need a book for school."

"What book?"

"She wants a dress," Athena sighed.

"Thea! I was getting away with it!" Haley exclaimed, turning towards her.

"Haley, you're a bad liar," Claire told her daughter.

"I'd be more worried that she couldn't come up with a single book title," Alex spoke up from the table.

"Luke, come on. We're late," Phil shouted, walking into the kitchen.

"Mm, there's a first — inside out and backwards," Claire observed her sons outfit. "At least it isn't zipped into his — Oh. There it is."

☺︎

"You know, I'd be there if I could," Haley said over the phone, walking into the kitchen in Jay and Glorias house with Athena. "Oh, my god. There's hugging."

"Haley, get off the phone already," Claire told her daughter. "Athena's here, pay attention to her instead."

Haley lifted herself up on the counter while Athena leaned her back against the counter between Haley's legs. Haley shifted her phone so it sat between her shoulder and her head as she lifted Athena's hair to braid it.

"Hey, there are the little roustabouts," Phil said as Luke and Manny ran into the kitchen. "You look like you patched things up pretty good, huh?"

"Yeah," The two responded together.

"Oh, we can learn so much from the children. Bet it seems kind of silly now what you were even fighting about, huh?"

"I made fun of his accent," Luke said.

"What accent?" Gloria said, putting her accent on heavier making everyone laugh.

"I made fun of him for having the same thing for lunch every day," Manny added.

"I made fun of him because his mom used to dig coal," Luke said, making everyone go silent. Athenas mouth hung open in shock and amusement. She felt as Haley stopped the braiding out of shock.

"What?" Gloria asked.

"He said you were a coal digger," Manny said.

"Okay. I think we can move on," Phil said awkwardly.

"Who said I was a coal digger?" Gloria asked.

"That's what my mom told me," Luke said.

"What's a coal digger?" Alex asked the adults in the room.

"Sweetheart, he heard it wrong. It's 'gold digger.'" Phil told her.

"I'm gonna have to call you back," Haley said into the phone, finally hanging up.

"I really do not think that I remember ever saying that," Claire spoke up.

"Well, you said in the car. You said it at Christmas. You said it in the Mexican restaurant —" Luke listed off whole Phil lifted his hand to cover Luke's mouth.

"Okay, Mr. 'Leaves His Sweatshirts at School Every Day Suddenly Remembers Everything,' thank you."

"And it was all in my head, huh?" Gloria asked Claire angrily.

"Oh, listen. Gloria, it was . . . like, a year ago, before I knew you," Claire tried to say as Gloria walked away.

"Nice going. Now my mom and my sister are fighting," Manny told Luke.

☺︎
"This is so awesome," Luke said as everyone walked out back to the pool. Gloria had decided that the only way for her to forgive Claire was if she jumped into the pool with her clothes on.

"I know. Mom does not look good wet," Haley said.

"Gloria, is this really necessary?" Jay asked.

"Dad, it's fine. It's fine. If I need to jump in this water to prove to Gloria how sorry I am, I will do it. I'm fine," Claire said. "You're serious? You're not gonna stop me?"

"Why would I do that?" Gloria asked.

"Because I am standing here. I am showing you my willingness to — No?" Claire sighed before "stepping" her way into the pool. "Are you happy?"

"Yes! I forgive you!" Gloria said.

"Then give me your hand."

"Oh, that's the oldest trick in the book," Jay said. "She's gonna pull you in there. And that's my job." Jay pushed Gloria into the pool.

Haley set her phone down and started sneaking up behind Athena, ready to push her in. Athena, knowing exactly what Haley was trying to do, used her fast reflexes and turned as Haley pushed her in and grabbed on tight to Haley's arms pulling her in as well.

When the two surfaced, Athenas hands were still wrapped tightly around Haley's arms.

"Ugh! Now my hair's all messed up cause it's wet!" Haley complained, a smile on her face as she pushed Athena slightly.

"Aw! But you look so cute like this!" Athena said. Haley couldn't help but smile, a rosy tinge taking to her cheeks.

HAHA BITCHES A NEW CHAPTER

it's a short one but it's a chapter. also, i know Haley didn't jump into the pool or get pulled into the pool in the episode but are you really complaining cause you got a pretty damn cute moment out of it

not proof read ignore any mistakes :)