𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋

"Hey, baby," Liana said as she walked in Athena's room. Athena was bent over her computer finishing a school project. It was her last one before the end of the school year and it was stressing her out to no end.

"Hey, Mom," Athena said, not looking up from her screen.

"I brought you some tea." Liana set the mug on the desk before resting a hand on her small baby bump. "Are you okay?"

"Thanks. Yeah, I'm fine. I just don't know how to finish this stupid essay," She groaned.

"Take a break then," Liana said, rubbing a hand up and down the top of Athena's back to calm her. "Doesn't Alex have her middle school graduation? You're going to that so you can just finish this tomorrow. I think getting outside will do you some good."

"Yeah, I guess so," Athena sighed. She saved her work and hesitantly closed her laptop.

"Good. Now please go shower."

"Do I smell?" She lifted her arm and took a small whiff. "Oh, my god, I do. Oh, that's disgusting."

"Hello, Dunphy Family!" Athena shouted as she walked into the house.

"Thea!" Haley squealed before wrapping her girlfriend in a hug. Athena had been so busy with studying, she accidentally cut off all communication with anyone outside her house. "I missed you."

"Hey! Sorry, I've been so busy with this project. I should've texted you."

"It's okay," Haley smiled at her. "You're here now."

"And in this corner, finishing first in her class, delivering the commencement address, weighing in at--" Phil said as he rushed past the couple and meeting Alex halfway up the stairs, Luke behind him with a camera. "What do you weigh, honey?"

"Dad!"

"A healthy amount for a girl her age. Are you gettin' all this, buddy?"

"Pure gold," Luke told him.

"She's the main brain, the cerebellum of the ball, Alex Dunphy!" Phil annouced as Alex walked into Claires arms.

"Oh, keep rolling. The news will want this footage when I eventually snap," Alex told Luke.

"I thought Sanjay Patel was first in the class," Haley said as she grabbed Athenas hand and started pulling her upstairs.

"He was until he missed a few weeks when the robot he was building attacked him."

"It's happening, people. Our humbris will be our undoing," Phil said.

"So, how's the project going?" Haley asked as she shut the door to her room behind them.

"It's been going, that's for sure," Athena sighed. "I just can't finish the stupid final essay."

"I'm sorry," Haley said, her hand reaching up to rub Athena's back. "Have you started on college applications yet?"

"Shit, no. I should drop out and become a stripper."

"Usually, I would support you, but financially, I don't think that's a good idea."

"God, when did you get so smart?" Athena asked. She couldn't help but find Haley using her smarts kind of attractive.

"I've always been smart but being hot comes first," Haley reminded her.

"Mm, right," Athena laughed before leaning in and pressing a kiss to Haley's lips.

"It's ironic that I stand up here reprensenting my classmates, when, for the past three years, most of them have treated me like I'm invisible. It's my own fault. I was obssesed with good grades instead of looks, popularity and skinny jeans," Is what Haley and Athena heard Alex say as she was practicing her speech in her room.