𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐊𝐄

"OH, MY GOD! Mom, the party is around the block." Was the first thing Athena heard as she entered the Dunphy house. Haley had been 'arguing' with Claire. "I'll be gone two hours and Athena's going to be there with me."

"That is two hours you could spend studying," Claire said.

"I have been studying all weekend," Haley complained. "No friends, no phone, and no Athena! Just me alone with books. I feel like Alex."

"It was a very painful weekend for her," Athena chimed in, semi-sarcastically.

"You're never alone when you have books," Alex said as she walked down the stairs.

"Really? Is that what you want me to turn into?"

"Sweetheart, listen to me. This is the SAT's, okay? It is not some stupid science quiz."

"Hey, if science quizzes are so stupid, why do you put mine up on the refrigerator?" Alex asked.

"Because we feel sorry for you, cause books are your only friend."

"Yeah, she wasn't studying last night -- she was video chatting the whole time."

"Woah, woah, woah. What's the topic on The View today, ladies?" Phil asked when he walked in and the arguing voices were only getting louder.

"Dad, can you please tell Mom that I can take a two hour break and go to a party?" Haley asked.

"No, ma'am. I'm not stepping into that one. We're not playing good cop/Mom," Phil said. He turned when there was knocking on the door. "I got it."

"Come on," Athena grabbed Haley's arm and started to pull her upstairs. "Study time." Haley groaned the entire way upstairs, but complied nonetheless.

"Ugh!" Haley tossed her book down on her bed and flopped onto her back. "This is so boring! Can't we just make out?"

Athena looked up from her book with furrowed eyebrows and said, "No. Read, Haley, read."

"If you're not my girlfriend to make out with me, what are you my girlfriend for?"

"Love? Listen, if you finish that chapter, I'll make out with you."

Haley laughed before she promptly stopped.

"Do you feel that?" She asked Athena.

"It's an earthquake," Athena said, eye's widening as she grabbed Haley's hand and dragging her under her desk. "Just watch your head!"

Haley laced her fingers with Athena's and tucked her face into Thea's neck. They stayed like that until the rumbling stopped.

"Woah," Haley breathed, crawling out from under the desk. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm gonna call my mom real quick just to make sure my parents are okay," Athena told her. Haley nodded and stepped out of the room to give her some privacy. Athena scrolled to her mom's contact and clicked call. After two rings the phone was picked up.

"Athena?" Liana answered. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, we're fine. Just a few fallen objects. How about you guys?"

"We're all god. Jenny's dog is significantly freaked out but we're all good," Liana said, referring to the dog she was watching for a friend.

"Good," Athena smiled. "I'm gonna go check on the rest of the family but I'll see you guys later, okay?"

"Okay. Stay safe, sweetheart." And with that, her mother hung up.

"What's happening?" Athena asked when she walked out of Haley's room and saw her girlfriend and Alex pushing on the bathroom door, trying to open it.