𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐌𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘

"HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY," Athena smiled at Liana and handed her a cup of coffee. "Dad's making pancakes for breakfast and here's a pretty card that I spent two dollars on."

"Thank you!" Liana wrapped her daughter in a hug. "You're so sweet! You know, we actually have something to tell you."

Athena took a seat at the kitchen counter and motioned for her mother to continue. Liana smiled at her husband before turning back to Athena.

"I'm pregnant."

"Y-You're what? Pregnant? Cool, cool, cool, cool. Cool," Athena nodded her head, an unreadable expression on her face. "I am going to leave for a bit and I'll get back to you when I figure out how I feel."

"That could've gone better," Scott shrugged, popping a strawberry in his mouth. Liana just glared playfully at him before taking the strawberries.

"Haley!" Athena shouted as she walked into the Dunphy house. She walked into the kitchen to see Claire wearing a shirt that had paint hands on her boobs and a hat that said 'Alex's Mommy and holding a mug. "What the hell are you wearing?"

"It's everything my kids have made for me," Claire explained. "Anyways, today is my special day, and I am gonna enjoy me some coffee."

"You know that's a pencil holder, right?" Luke asked as Claire poured coffee into the 'mug' he made her.

"I do now," She replied when coffee spilled on her shirt.

"Haley, I need to talk to you. Like, right now," Athena said. Haley nodded and led her girlfriend away from the kitchen.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" Haley asked.

"My mom's pregnant."

"Oh, my god! That's so awesome." Haley studied Athena's face. "That is awesome, right?"

"No. Maybe? I don't know how I feel about it. I mean, I've always wanted a younger sibling but that was when I was 9 and now I'm looking into colleges. I want to be able to watch my sibling grow up."

"I know. But there are other ways to watch them grow up and, knowing you, you'll probably be home visiting a lot so maybe try to be happy for your parents? I'm sorry, I'm not great at advice."

"No, you're great at it," Athena smiled at her. She placed her hand on the side of Haley's face and pulled her into a kiss. "I love you."

"I love you more," Haley told her.

Haley ended up inviting Athena on the 'family' hike with Claire and Gloria to give her some time to think about everything.

"There are coyotes in these woods," Luke said as they walked. "Did you pack a weapon?"

"I have a walking stick," Manny told him.

"Does it become a sword?"

"I guess it can become a running stick."

"You're gonna outrun a coyote?" Luke asked. "The fastest mammal in the world."

"I'm not sure that's true," Manny said. "And how are you gonna fend them off with a popsicle stick?"

"It's a spear, and it smells like lemon lime, a flavor coyotes hate."

"Where are you getting your information?"

"How much farther?" Alex asked.

"I'd like to go far enough that we can't still see our car in the parking lot," Claire told her.

"I'm getting dust in my mouth," Haley complained.

"You have to appreciate nature," Gloria told all the kids. "Soon this will be the mall."