𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 - 𝐀 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

ATHENA NEVER knew just how difficult it would be to tell both her and Haley's parents that they were in a relationship. Telling your parents was always just a stressful thing because you never know what they'll think of the person you're with but this was different. Sapphic relationships were new to the two teenagers and they had no idea how this was all gonna go over. Athena knew Phil and Claire loved her but would things change when they were told that she's been dating their daughter in secret and Athena's parents loved Haley, despite the fact that they thought she would be a bad influence at first. No matter what they all thought of the girls previously, this felt like it would change so much. But in the end, all that worrying was for nothing.

Haley took a deep breath and entered the kitchen where Phil and Claire were rushing around, making dinner.

"Can I, um, tell you guys something?" Haley asked nervously, taking a seat at the counter.

"Yeah, of course," Claire told her, confused on why she was suddenly in the mood to open up to them.

There was a short pause while Haley thought out her words, and finally she said, "I'm Bisexual."

"Oh," Phil hummed. He looked up to see she wanted to say more. "Is that it?"

"Athena and I are dating. We have been since we came back from Hawaii."

"That's amazing, sweetheart," Claire said, taking one of Haley's hands in hers. "Rules might have to change for you guys but I'm proud of you."

"Yeah, and Athena's a great girl," Phil added. "As long as you're happy, we're happy."

"I love you guys," Haley smiled, getting up from her seat and wrapping her parents in a hug.

"Hey," Athena greeted, dragging out the word as she walked into her parents room. Scott was hanging shirts up in the closet while Liana was on the bed, reading. "So we all know how I'm a lesbian, right?"

"Where is this conversation going?" Scott asked his daughter.

"Well, as a lesbian I usually date women..."

"Mm-hm," Liana hummed before setting her book down. "Are you trying to tell us you're in a relationship with somebody?"

"Yes. But not just anybody..." Athena told them. "I'm dating Haley. I'm happy with her and I really, really love her. So, now you know."

"Congratulations," Liana smiled at her daughter. "I had my suspicions but thank you for telling us."

"I thought Haley was dating that senior boy," Scott said. He wasn't fully caught up on all the Dunphy family gossip yet. Scott worked long hours as an ER nurse so he was usually at the hospital or sleeping. He was very happy to be off for a little bit cause it gave him time with his two favorite girls but he had missed some important things over the past year.

"Dylan? She broke up with him after I very pathetically admitted my feelings for her."

"What do you wanna do for Valentines day?" Athena asked Haley as she walked up behind the girl and wrapped her arms around her torso, her chin resting on Haley's shoulder.

"I don't know," Haley smiled. "We've never really been a fancy date couple, huh?"

"Not really. Hmm, what if we went ice skating?"

"Just so you can watch me fall on my ass? No way."

"What if I make us dinner?" Athena suggested. "My parents are going out on their own little date so why don't you come over and I'll cook for us."

"You can cook?" Haley asked. In her years of knowing Athena, she had no idea her girlfriend could cook.

"It's my special skill," Athena just shrugged.

"Okay, then. Dinner at your house," Haley smiled, placing a kiss on Athenas lips

Athena looked up from the dough on the counter when she heard a loud knock on her front door. She smiled and wiped her hands on a towel near her before jogging over to the door. On the other side was a smiling Haley wearing a knee length, green dress and a brown cardgian. Athena wore one of Haley's sweaters, tucked into her favorite pair of jeans.

"Wow," Athena breathed. "You look amazing."

"You don't look too bad yourself," Haley smiled. Athena stepped to the side and let Haley inside. "So, what's dinner?"

"Homemade pizza. Takes a little bit of time but it's fun."

"This is impressive," Haley said as she walked into the kitchen with Athena and spotting the dough she had been working on before Haley arrived. "Have you always known how to do this?"

"My dad and I used to bake and cook all the time," Athena shrugged as she got out a baking sheet and put down the newly flattened dough on it. "I just haven't had a reason to go all out until now. Wanna help?"

"Sure," Haley said, shrugging her sweater off.

"Alright this is the easy part. Take some of this sauce and spread it all over the dough, I'm gonna go find where I put all of the toppings." Athena handed her girlfriend a jar of pizza sauce and a spoon before walking over to the fridge.

"How does this look?"

"Amazing, of course," Thea smiled. "Okay, cheese and then you can choose whatever toppings you want."

Athena and Haley carefully spread cheese all over the pizza. Haley grabbed the pepperoni's and set them down one by one on the pizza before Athena grabbed the tray and popped it into the pre-heated oven.

"And now we wait!"

Haley just walked forward and wrapped her arms around Athena's torso and rested her head on her shoulder. The slightly taller girl smiled and pressed a kiss to Haley's forehead.

"Okay, one Coke for the lady," Athena said as she handed Haley a glass.

"Thank you," Haley laughed as she took a sip. She looked over at the girl sitting next to her. "I love you."

"I love you too," Athena smiled before leaning in a pressing a light kiss to Haley's lips. As they pulled away, the timer for the pizza went off. "We're continuing this later." Athena winked as she got up, Haley following.

"Oh! That looks so good!" Haley said as Athena pulled the pizza out.

"I'm sure it tastes even better and I am very hungry."

Athena cut the pizza up before placing pieces on two plates.

"So a successful Valentine's day?" Athena asked as the two ended the night cuddling on the couch.

"Most definitely," Haley responded. "Thank you for doing all this."

"Of course. There's nothing else I would've liked to do more."

"Hey, girls!" Liana smiled as her and Scott walked in the front door.

"Hello, parental units," Athena said. "How was your night!"

"It was great!" Scott replied. "Dinner was amazing. You guys?"

"Your daughter is an excellent cook," Haley complimented as she put her cardigan back on.

"There's some left over if you guys want some," Athena laughed. "I'm gonna drive Haley home. Love you guys!"

"Nice seeing you, Haley!" Scott called after them as the two went out the front door.

"You too, Mr. Gray!"

"You can call me Scott!" He said. Athena's parents had been reminding Haley of that since the two girls became friends, but she never listened.

omg i finally did it. an original valentine's day chapter. so so so sorry this took so long but there was a lot happening in my life that caused my mental health to spiral and trying to figure out where to go with this chapter was stressful enough so i'm sorry it's kinda rushed but hopefully you guys enjoy it!