The Party

Liam's POV:
Today was the day of the black light party and I had to leave to get Hayden in a minute. I didn't really want to go but I know she would have killed me if I didn't. We need a "breather" as she says.

She's really been getting on my nerves with the whole 'Theo' situation and I honestly just want things to go back to how they were before Hayden came back.

But, I have no one to blame but me.

I shook those thoughts out of my head and grabbed my keys.

"Theo! I'm heading out to get Hayden! If you leave, don't forget to lock the door!" I yelled up to his room before walking out the door.

I got in the car and started my way to Hayden.

———————————————————————————
Ten minutes later, I pulled into her driveway and walked up to her door. I knocked a few times and she shortly answered the door.

"Hey Li! Ready to party?" She asked with a smirk.

I let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah!" I said.

She got into the car and I drove away.
———————————————————————————
Theo's POV:
"Kat! Let's go!" I yelled, as Kat stood in the bathroom doing her makeup.

"Alright, alright." She said before closing her mascara and grabbing her bag.

"Seriously, why do you have to put all this crap on your face? You look good without it." I said as I got in the truck.

"Because! Makeup helps me feel more confident. I don't do it for anyone but me. And I appreciate the compliment but I already know I look good without it." She smirked, buckling her seatbelt.

"Pfft, whatever." I said, pulling out of the driveway.

"So, you ready to make out with me?" Kat smiled.

"Sure. Just don't get any of your lip stuff on me." I said.

"It's smudge proof, idiot." She said.

"Better be." I said, turning the music up.

*

10 minutes later we made it to Nathan's place. It was packed. There were kids throwing toilet paper on the trees in the front yard, some throwing up previous alcoholic beverages. I gagged at the smell of vomit and alcohol that immediately hit my nose.

Kat hooked our arms and pulled me toward the door.

"C'mon! We gotta act couple-ish, remember? You've gotta give your best acting skills for this to work, Theodore." Kat said.

I rolled my eyes.

"I know, I know. I'm telling you, he won't get jealous. If this is your plan to make out with me because your secretly in love with me, it won't work out well for you." I smirked.

"Oh you wish!" She laughed sarcastically.

"Mhm, c'mon." I said.

I wrapped my arms around her shoulders from behind. I was taller than her enough to where my chin just rested on her head.

We walked to the door and walked through the packed living room.

"You see Liam anywhere?" Kat yelled over the music.

I looked up and around searching for the boy I haven't stopped thinking about for weeks.

Suddenly I spotted him in the corner next to Hayden as she talked to Gwen.

"There!" I yelled back, nodding my head in his direction for her to see.

Once she saw him she pulled us over to them. I immediately got nervous but didn't show it.

Right before we made it to them, Kat whispered,

"Best. Acting. Skills."

I nodded and thought of ways I could make a couple-ish situation believable.

When we reached Liam and Hayden, I wrapped my arm around Kat's waist and pulled her side against mine.

We walked up to Liam and he saw us in the position.

For a second he looked shocked then a little hurt? Then it changed into a confused face.

I got hope that maybe this plan would actually work.

"Theo? What's going on?" Liam asked. His voice sounded a little shaky and nervous.

"What do you mean?" I asked, playing dumb.

Liam pointed between me and Kat as Kat grabbed a drink from Nathan.

"Uhh, Kat's my date to the party!" I yelled over the music.

"What?" He asked.

"My date?" I said acting confused.

"I-I thought you said you liked someone else?" Liam said with a hurt expression.

I swallowed hard.

I played it off with a shrug before turning to Kat. I grabbed her hips and kind of swayed them to the music.

"Kat! I think it's working!" I said excitedly.

She gasped before sneakily looking at Liam.

Her eyes widened before turning back to me.

"Dude! He's looking at you! He looks so jealous!" Kat said.

"Okay, so what do we do now?" I asked.

"We could kiss now. Or we could wait a bit." She said.

"Is he still looking?" I asked.

She looked over at him.

"Yep! His eyes are practically glued to you!" She said.

"Okay, okay, so what if we did one quick kiss. Just to get a little reaction?" I suggested.

"Yes! Good idea! Here, turn us around, casually so I can watch his reaction when you kiss me." Kat said.

"Okay." I said, turning our bodies together so my back was to Liam but she could still see him.

"Here goes nothing." I said.

With that, I leaned in a pressed my lips to Kat's.

It felt awful. It wasn't bad, but it felt wrong.

I held the kiss for a few seconds before pulling back. When I looked at her, her eyes were wide and she had a huge grin on her face.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh. My. God."