My Mistake

Theo's POV:
"Stiles?" I asked.

"Looking for someone?" Stiles said with a smirk.

That's when it hit me, the smell of alcohol. It made my nostrils burn. He was loosely holding a bottle of whiskey and he talked with a slight slur.

He was definitely drunk.

"Stiles, what the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same t-thing!" He yelled with a laugh.

"I live here!" I said, annoyed.

"Surrre." He said.

"What? Stiles, what are you doing here?" I asked again.

"Ya know, sorting out ma shit! I came here to find Liam because he's the only one who knows about it, but he wasn't home so I let myself back here. I found this bottle of magic and have been out here since." Stiles slurred.

"Liam hasn't come by?" I asked.

Stiles shook his head in every direction before lazily pointing up at me and saying,

"Oh yes! He was here! But only for a minute. H-he said he can't do this anymore, or something and then walked into the woods leaving me here to die, ALONE. Just like you all do. even the sour wolves." Stiles explained saying the last bit too quiet and mumbled for me to understand.

"You said he went in the woods?" I asked, getting a bad feeling in my stomach.

Stiles just nodded.

I started to make my way towards the woods where Stiles said Liam went.

I walked through the barrier of trees and tried my best to figure out which direction he went in.

I walked forward a bit once the trees started to clear up to leave a small field clearing in the center of the woods. As I reached the field I saw him.

Liam.

Laying in the center of it looking up at the sky.

He looked so peaceful and I really didn't want to disturb him but I needed to talk to him. This entire night has been one big nightmare.

I walked a little closer to him.

"Li?" I asked softly.

He looked up and little scared, jumping onto his knees.

"Woah, it's just me. Relax." I smirked.

"Jesus, Theo. Don't do that." He said, letting out a sigh of relief.

I chuckled at his jumpy-ness.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked, walking a little closer to him as he fully stood up.

"Oh, ya know. Just.... Thinking. Letting off steam, I guess." He said, looking nervous.

"Did you fight with Hayden?" I asked.

He just rubbed a hand down his face.

"Okay, let's not think about Hayden. What is this place?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"A clearing." He said.

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow telling him to go on.

"It's where I've always come to relax when I'd fight with my parents or do something stupid that made my IED flare up." He stated looking at the ground.

"Hmm, it's nice." I said.

"Yeah, it was sort of a secret place... until now, I guess." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"It can still be a secret place." I said standing closer to him.

"Yeah, but now you know where to find me." He said with a slight frown.

"It's better than me looking everywhere else for you." I said without thinking.

"What?" He asked.

"I mean... it's better to know another place to look, so I know you didn't get kidnapped by hunters or something." I said, trying to play it off.

"Theo... did you look for me after I left the party?" He asked taking a step closer to me.

"Maybe? Not really? I guess... kind of." I said looking at the ground.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because... I didn't know where you were." I said with a shrug.

"Well obviously, but normally.. you wouldn't care if I was dead or alive. Why do you care where I am?" He asked.

And without thinking... without taking a single breath.

I let everything out.

"Because I thought something happened to you. I thought you would be so angry because of what happened between you and Hayden that you would do something bad, I didn't want you to get hurt and I didn't know if you needed me or not so I was looking for you and calling you and I went slightly out of my mind when you didn't answer my calls-"

The next thing I knew....

His soft lips were pressed gently against mine.

It was sweet and pure and exactly what I've wanted to happen for months. I didn't want it to ever end.

It felt so good and so right but I needed to talk to him before we did this. I grabbed his shirt and pushed him gently away from me.

Our lips parted but I kept him close.

I could tell he thought I didn't want that so I grabbed him and didn't let him leave my grasp.

"That was..." I started, but Liam cut me off.

"A mistake.. I'm so sorry, I was just-" Liam started.

"Amazing." I said.

"What?" He said.

"Look Liam, I have wanted to do that with you for months. But right now, you are clearly upset and not thinking straight and I need to know that you don't think this will be a mistake before we keep going." I stated.

He looked down, thinking for a moment. Then, he looked up into my eyes.

"Theo?" He asked.

"Hmm?" I mumbled.

"I've wanted to that for months too, I didn't believe it could happen so I tried to get over you with Hayden. That was my mistake. What ever I thought I could have with her, was a mistake." He said.

As soon as those words came out of his mouth, I smiled. It was genuine and I could tell it made his face light up.

I pulled him into me and we kissed once more. He held the back of my neck to make sure I didn't go anywhere. It was sweet and short and it was all I had been dreaming of.

I just wish Hayden didn't exist.