Artificial (Part 2)

The next few weeks turned to be very depressing for the both of us. While Jungkook was trying to adapt into a world which was so new to him, my heart slowly started to shatter. A guy who was once the world to me, now barely recognized me. But I was determined to get him back.

Currently we were sitting on our bed with me showing our old pictures on my iPad to Jungkook in hopes that he might remember those cute moments we spent together.

"Kookie you remember this day? We had the time of our lives in Disneyland and you proposed to me later this evening." I blushed and showed him the ring that sat beautifully on my ring finger. 

Jungkook took my left palm in his hands and admired the ring.

"It's beautiful.", Jungkook said under his breath. "But you're more beautiful. I'm sorry I can't recall any of these moments that you're sharing with me. I'm sure the bond that we had was precious. I feel like shit and I desperately want to remember every moment, every breath and every touch that I spent with you. But, but I can't."

Jungkook broke into tears. Seeing him cry made my heart ache badly. Did I do a mistake in converting him? Was it my fault that the procedure took a bad turn? 

"Can I kiss you?", Jungkook suddenly asked with tears streaming down his eyes. I nodded my head at his question. 

Jungkook took my face in his palms delicately and brought his lips closer to mine slowly. His eyes admired my lips before he gazed at me and closed his eyes connecting our lips together. The kiss was so soft and gentle, just how I remembered. Our lips molded together moving in the perfect sync. 

Jungkook parted our lips and looked at me lovingly. "I lo--", he said.

I put my fingers on his lips and shushed him. " You don't need to say that you love me just now. I love you and that's more than enough for us now. Get to know me completely and then we can start our journey all together."

Upon hearing my words Jungkook hugged me tightly. "I promise I'll try to remember you.", he whispered against my neck.

"Okay then I need to go to our Laboratory. I hope you get okay soon so that we both can work like the old times. Call me if you need anything. Bye. And remember I love you.", I left after kissing Jungkook's forehead. 

I came back from the Lab later in the evening. I couldn't find Kookie anywhere in the house. 

"Jungkook?", I called out. "Are you here?" Again no answer.

Just then the main door opened and in came Jungkook. 

"Ohh, you came early than expected today.", He said. Early than expected? What did he mean?

"Uh yeah, I wanted to go to some cafe with you.", I said hesitantly

"Yup, let's go!", Jungkook said going upstairs with two heavy bags filled with something unknown. 

"Umm, Jungkook? What is those bags?", I asked him.

"Just something I'll be working on soon.", he said rushing upstairs almost falling down in the process. 

"Slow down Jungkook.", I chuckled. This boy was still so clumsy.

After 15 minutes Jungkook came down dressed up in his casual wear. It was all black. He looked drop dead gorgeous. 

"I liked black a lot I guess. I couldn't find any other color in my entire wardrobe.", he said smiling sheepishly. 

"Yeah, you did like black. A lot. And you look so good in it.", I said kissing his lips.

"Should we go then?", Jungkook asked separating our lips still hugging me. 

"Okie.", I chuckled. 

We went to our favorite cafe. I purposely chose this cafe in the hopes that maybe Jungkook could get his memory back. It was Jungkook's first time outside after that night so I was a bit cautious.

"So what would you like to have Kookie?", I asked him. 

"Umm, I don't know. You tell me what was my favorite.", Jungkook said holding my hand. I blushed when his hand came in contact with mine. 

"Ughh--", I was cut off by a familiar voice. 

"Hey, we meet again." It was the guy who helped me and Jungkook in that rainy night. It was Jin. His eyes went over to Jungkook. 

"I'm so glad you're fine. When he came in today afternoon in my store I was a bit taken aback. He healed pretty fast.", Jin smiled looking at Jungkook. 

"You both have already met?", I asked Jungkook. 

I was taken aback by this revelation.  Jungkook didn't even mention this incident to me. I peered over at Jungkook with my shocked eyes. He looked pretty calm from what I had imagined.

What was actually going on in his mind?