Chapter Fourteen: The Cartoon Dog?!

[Y/n] yawned loudly and walked out of the bathroom, just having brushed her teeth. She prepared for bed just after Cartoon Cat left, which was around Nine P.M. For whatever the the reason, she recalled everything that happened prior to now; She watched old cartoon clips, and while she enjoyed them, the humanoid feline seemed to yawn or scoff, pointing out animation errors, or plot lines that didn't make sense. He seemed to consider all these cartoons inferior, which [Y/n] found to be kind of funny. She remembered shooing the cat out of the house came bedtime.

"Hopefully I'll finally get some decent rest this time" she muttered bitterly.

She climbed into bed, pulling the blanket over her, and shutting her eyes.

It was all finally peaceful. No monsters, no nightmares about her dead mother, everything seemed fine for a while

Until she suddenly stirred, having felt something climb on her.

"[Y/n]...Psst, Mousey!"

[Y/n] begrudgingly opened her eyes to see the Cartoon Cat, sitting on her like a cat would, his tail swishing curiously, and his face expressionless.

"Mm...What time is it?"

"About 12:30 A.M"

There was a small pause, before the tired girl rudely pushed him off the bed and lied back down.

"Nope, too late...Tired...Go home" she muttered drowsily.

The cat stood back up and leaned over the bed.

"C'mon, this is important!"

"What, did the Mall burn down or something?" [Y/n]'s voice drawled with a doubtful tone

"Yes!" The cat nodded his head urgently

[Y/n]'s eyes shot open as she sprung up in alarm.

"WHAT?!"

Cartoon Cat then smiled.

"There! Now you're awake! But seriously, I need to talk to you!"

[Y/n] sighed, relieved yet annoyed at him. She rubbed her left eye tiredly.

"Ugh...Fine...What's so damn urgent that you come here during the witching hour and wake me from an actual pleasant sleep?"

Cartoon Cat grinned happily.

"There's a friend I want you to meet!"

The girl raised an eyebrow at him.

"...At this time of day?!"

"Yes!"

[Y/n] gave a deadpan stare, very annoyed at the feline.

"I don't think so, Whiskers" she said "Last time I met one of your friends, I was nearly eaten"

Cartoon Cat wagged a finger at her.

"Ah, but you weren't, were you?"

[Y/n] frowned, not having an answer for that. The cat grinned smugly.

"Just don't worry about it! I won't let anything happen to you! Your life in in my hands...Paws... Whatever they are!"

"Lovely..." [Y/n] said bluntly, not believing him. "And I'm assuming you won't leave until I agree to meet him?"

"Yep!"

[Y/n] groaned and rolled her eyes in defeat.

"Fine, I'll meet him. But if he does end up killing me, I promise my ghost will haunt you for the rest of your miserable existence"