Chapter Four: Talking Toon?!

[Y/n] woke up softly, surrounded by the shadows of a dark room...but it wasn't HER room. She stood up and looked around; where was she?! The last thing she remembered was crying herself to sleep over her sketchbook, and now she's here?

"What's going on?"

Suddenly the scent of cinnamon graced the room, the sound of bones crackling echoing throughout. [Y/n] gulped and turned around, coming face to face with the same skeleton horse she saw last night. She screamed, about to run until suddenly a soft, deep, monotone voice echoed in her head.

"Do not be afraid child...I mean no harm"

Y/n looked at the horse, who was presumably the one who spoke, despite it's jaws never moving. 

 "Wh-Who are you?" she asked timidly.

"I am called Long Horse...I've come here to help you

"Help me?"

Long Horse stared at her with it's large hollow eye sockets and nodded.

[Y/n] took a deep breath and then spoke.

"Um...okay...help me how?"

"I believe you lost your 'sketchbook'?"

Y/n frowned.

"Yes...I left it behind in an abandoned Mall guarded by some kind of cartoon monster!"

"Although frightening, he's not as evil as he seems"

"Frightening?! Are you kidding?! It's like if Bendy and Felix The Cat had a baby, that all of a sudden just decided to come to life in the real world, and eat people!!!" 

"What?"

Y/n paused, realizing that this horse was probably over decades old, and didn't know about such things.

"Uh...Never mind...Please continue"

"I know how you can get your sketchbook back...I have entered your dream to tell you how. So-"

"Wait...This a dream?" Y/n suddenly interrupted, but Long horse didn't seem to mind.

"Yes

"But...If this is a dream...how do I know you, or what you're telling me is true, and not just my inner thoughts?"

Long Horse paused before he suddenly moved a bit closer.

"My child, I have been around since the dawn of time...My job for centuries has been to protect and help your kind, warning them of future disasters or misfortunes."

The Long Horse came up to [Y/n]'s eye level.

"I tried to warn you the night before, but you seemed to pay no heed"

[Y/n]'s eyes widened in realization.

"Is that why I had a nightmare about you and that...cartoon thing?"

"Precisely"

[Y/n] became silent; this creepy horse had been in her dreams twice, and now it claims to be real, and wants to help her? The thought was ABSURD...then again, was it any more absurd than a giant cat with gloves trying to eat you?

"Okay...I believe you...please...tell me how to get my sketchbook back"

A warm chuckle could be heard in [Y/n]'s head, the Long Horse almost smiling...if it COULD smile that is.

"Your bravery is admirable my child, let it be a strength that leads you down a path of happiness, and good fortune...Now..."

The Long Horse moved back a bit.