Chapter Ten: Back To Normal?

Warning: Long ass (And possibly cringey) chapter ahead

[Y/n] walked inside her house, only one thing on her mind; the Cartoon Cat. She didn't know why she was thinking about him, but she couldn't think of anything else all day. She kept remembering how he just left without saying 'I'll be back!' or 'See you at school!'. She guessed he finally decided to back off. She was finally free from his ridiculously antics...So why did she feel a heavy weight in her stomach when the teacher dismissed 'Cece' as absent?

"C'mon, [Y/n]! It's good that he's gone! No more paranormal activity! No more issues or drama! Your life can go back to normal! To the way it should be!"

No matter how many times [Y/n] told herself this, she didn't seem to be convinced. Perhaps it was guilt that made her feel this way? Or maybe it was curiosity? Either way, it kept bothering the young girl, and she didn't know how to make it stop. She went over to the couch and sat down, grabbing the remote on the coffee table.

"Maybe some T.V will get my mind off of things" She reasoned.

After settling on a channel, she saw a nature documentary.

"And here we have two lions, two great cats in their-"

She quickly changed to another channel.

"Tired of claw marks on your furniture? Say no more! Your pet cat will LOVE thi-"

She changed it once more.

"Ladies and gentlemen! Garfield, and fri-"

And with that, [Y/n] turned off the T.V.

"Fuck you too, television" she muttered

She sighed and looked down at the couch she sat on, it seemed only minutes ago that she was on this couch, talking with the cat. Poor [Y/n] was confused, and didn't know what to do. She'd ask her friend or family for advice, but one was far away, and the other would drive her over to the nearest nuthouse! No one could help her...except...

[Y/n] looked at the stairs, contemplating on whether or not what she was about to do would be a wise decision. Eventually she sighed.

"Fuck it"

And with that Y/n began running upstairs up to her room. Once she was inside, she looked at the laminated picture hanging on her wall; It really did look nice there. She shook her head and lied down on her bed, eventually drifting off into sleep.

==========================================================

[Y/n]'s eyes slowly opened, for her see that oh so familiar darkness surrounding her, only this time, she wasn't afraid. She stood up and looked around.

"And why are you here?"

[Y/n] turned around to see Long horse, tilting it's skull ever so slightly at her.

"You tell me, I'm not the one who can see into the future"

"The bitterness in your tone tells me you're frustrated, but I sense many other emotions from you...Guilt... Confusion...He has taken his leave, and yet he torments you still..."

[Y/n] turned around, fiddling with her hands.

"Well...Yeah...I'm not sure what to feel. I mean he tried to eat me, and then he stalks me, annoys me, and even threatens me at times! But then he saves my life and apologizes so genuinely, as though he's a totally different pers-er...Cat, and then just walks off?! What does he want from me?! I don't get it!!!"

[Y/n] sat down and laid her arms across her knees.

"I don't get it..."

It was dead silent for a while, until the horse's voice rang out.