important human | p.js

"I have a great idea," Naomi suddenly, announces as she strides into Jisung's room after he opens the door.

  Jisung sits on the edge of his bed. "What?"

  "Let's treat them to dinner today! After all, they've always been the ones to take care of us," Omi suggests and Jisung fluffs up his cheeks in thought.

  "But, I didn't take out cash," Jisung tells and pouts slightly but Omi shakes her head and waves her hand as a gesture for him to relax.

  She grins. "Don't worry. I'll treat everyone today. I am prepared!"

  The girl flexes her non existent muscles and Jisung laughs but is soon taken over by concern.

  "Are you sure, though? Hyungs eat a lot," Sung reminds and again, Omi waves him off.

  "Eyyy, calm down. I have enough," she assures and joins his side to text their manager for permission.

  After getting consent, they wear their masks, caps and coats before going down to where their manager waits.

-

  Naomi plays with Jisung's hands to kill the boredom as they wait for their order and he watches her.

  "Hey, Jisung. I have a question," she suddenly, tells and Sungie lifts his gaze to her face though, she doesn't.

  "What is it?"

  Naomi is still folding and bending his fingers, trying to make animal forms. "If you have a crush, would you confess?"

  Jisung pauses, breaking down the surprisingly difficult question in his head. "Why the sudden..."

  "I saw what you said at that boy last time. You said that if you have a crush, you should confess directly," she brings up and finally, lifts her gaze to him. "But would you actually?"

  Sungie ponders with a chuckle. "I... don't know."

  She hums in wonder. "I honestly don't think I could. It would be too nerve-wracking."

  Her ringtone goes off just after her order number gets displayed on the restaurant's monitor screen and she picks up the call. "Hello? Oh, manager. Yeah, we're coming up. Our order is done. Mhm."

  Jisung carries the drinks at seeing her being occupied with the call and pushes her hand away gently when she tries to take a bag from him.
"It's okay. I got them."

  Being so close with each other, there isn't any burden of, "Oh no, I'll take it!" "Oh, no it's okay, I can handle it!" "But, I insist!"

  And so she just nods as they head out.

  "Naomi," he starts as they exit the building and she turns. "Do you have a crush?"

  The girl scrunches her nose and Jisung feels a leap of his heart at the expression.

  "Honestly, I don't like to call it a 'crush.' Because, a friend of mine once said that the reason it's called a 'crush' is because we know we wouldn't end up with the person we are crushing on and would just get our hearts crushed by it. Something like that," she explains.

  Jisung gasps. "Really?"

  "Well, it's just a random story. Anything can happen. But, I personally don't prefer calling mine a crush if I have anyone I like," Omi says.

  "Then, what would you use to call them?"

  "Maybe... significant other? Human I adore?" She shrugs at having to come up with terms, feeling a bit cheesy if she goes on. "Because, naturally if I like someone, they would be important to me,"

  Jisung listens intently until they finally find their manager and they hurry on home.

  Upon seeing the food, the members present in the dorm including, Shotaro and Sungchan, all cheer and they prepare the table.

  Jaemin grabs the plates when he suddenly, notices an absence.
"Hey, where's Jisung?"

  "He went to his room to change," Renjun tells and Sungchan volunteers to call the lad.

  Knock knock.

  "Jisung, aren't you going to join us?" Sungchan stands at the open entrance of the bedroom and Jisung who's on his phone, nods.

  "I am," Sungie responds and turns on the charger before leaving his mobile phone on the desk.

  His screen is still bright and it shows Omi's contact profile that's been freshly edited to,
'important human i adore'

  Fast footsteps are then, heard and it's Jisung coming back to close his screen- hiding it from peering eyes.