baby bear 🐻 | l.dh

Naomi's unfazed, sitting still while drinking her tea although her left arm is being shaken vigorously by a whining Donghyuck.

"Aww, please? Let's take a nap! I'll use that couch and you'll use the other!" Haechan requests persistently as he aggressive points to the couches in the Dream dorm living room with his puckered lips.

"But I'm not tired," Naomi rejects and continues to scroll on her phone before it abruptly jumps out of her hand when Hyuck throws his weight on her crossed legs.

He starts wiggling his body like a fish out of water as noises of complaint pass his lips like a full song.

"What's going on here?" Jaemin asks, walking by to get to the kitchen.

"Omi doesn't want to take a nap with me! It's not fun being the only one sleeping!" Donghyuck groans.

Naomi raises her hand as if to defend herself but gets it yanked down by the moody Hyuck.

"Then, you can just sleep alone. You can't force someone to do something they don't want to," Jaemin tells, making Haechan glare at him before he stomps away.

He has been quite sensitive these past few days. It's due to the overlapping schedules of NCT127 and Dream which gives him barely enough time to rest.

Naomi experiences the same but considering how she's been unwell, she hasn't been following any schedules.

Haechan, however, has to attend the most he can which resulted in constant shifts in settings, clothes and shows.

Naomi stretches to grab her phone and flips it so the screen faces her. But seeing her own reflection causes the moments before to repeat in her head.

"Omi, are you tired, yet?" Haechan asked as they sat next to each other on the couch- her on her phone and him staring blankly at the wall.

"Um, no," the female idol replied.

A few minutes passed.

"Now?" Hyuck queried.

"Not yet."

"How about now?"

"It hasn't even been 5 seconds since you last asked me."

"....It's been 10 seconds. Are you tired now?"

"Donghyuck," Naomi hissed, irritated and shot a piercing look towards him.

He instantly quieted down and a silence engulfed them before he tried to persuade her to rest with him again.

"All he wanted was company and I was too dumb to see it," Naomi sighs and drops her head back.

She rises to her feet and searches around the dorm for him, furrowing when she finds him nowhere. Where else in this small apartment can he sleep?

He's not in Jeno's room or Renjun's or the other boys' soㅡ

Ah. Her mind clicks.

She hurries elsewhere and just as she expected, there he lies, peacefully snuggled up on her bed with her sheets over his head- wavy hair peeking out like tiny sprouts and figure curled.

The dozing Haechan lets out a low groan of protest at the little sink of the mattress when Naomi goes to sit beside him but once she puts her hand on his head, he quietens and nuzzles close.

"Sorry, Donghyuck. I should've known how exhausted you are... Get all the rest that you need," Omi whispers as she softly pats his hair.
"I'll be staying by your side."

Little does she know that he's smiling beneath the cover, heart fluttering at the feel of her fingers playing with his locks yet, drowsier now due to the warm feeling of tranquility she emanates.
By yours, so will I.