smiley samoyed 🐶 | l.jn

The feel of someone's eyes on Jeno makes him turn and he sees Naomi whose torso is horizontal as she peeks into the kitchen.

  "What are you doing?" He laughs and she blinks- doll eyes wide with excitement and anticipation.

  "...I bought new nail polish but I can't test them since I have to keep my nails until next week," she tells and Jeno's lips slowly curl to a knowing grin at what she's about to say next.
"Can I try it on you?"

  There it is, he thinks and nods- putting his plate away, washing and drying his hands before letting himself be lead by the girl to the living room.

  They sit on the floor, the coffee table in between them as she puts his palms on the surface.

  "Tada! There was a promotion and I got these five colours! Which one do you want?" Omi asks and Jeno hums as he weighs his choices.

  He lifts his gaze to her who's also looking at the bottles of nail polish.

  "How about all? Rainbow is a nice touch. We have no schedule for a while."

  Stars twinkle in her black eyes and he knows he's made the exact decision.

  "Really?? Great!" She exclaims and starts bringing out the tools.

-

  "Do they look okay?" Naomi asks and Jeno lifts his head up from the couch's seat, brows raising at the pretty, fresh nail art- the pastels and design mimicking the 'Hello Future' concept.

  His eyesmile appears and he brings his hands closer to inspect his adorned nails. "Wah~ These are really cool! Reminds me of 'Hello Future.'"

  "I was inspired," Omi chirps, clearly elated that Jeno's praised her work.

  He chuckles and ruffles her hair. "Good job."

  Beep! Beep! The machine lock sounds.

  "We're home!" Renjun announces with Jaemin and Jisung following behind after their trip to the store for some food.

  They spot the pair in the living room.

  "Welcome back! I was just testing out my nail polish on Jeno!" Naomi exclaims and helps them carry the bags to the kitchen.

  The two maknaes walk away while Renjun and Jaemin stay behind to see her masterpiece.

  "As expected, our Omi is talented," Jaemin proudly claims with his nose high.

  Renjun touches the dry paint. "These really are good... It's a shame you have to take them off for our schedule tomorrow."

  "What?" Jeno's brows narrow, confused. "I wasn't told anything about work tomorrow."

  "Manager hyung sent our updated schedule sheet in the groupchat. Did you not see it?"

  Jeno quickly checks the group and just as he fears, there is a new schedule their manager shared but since he was resting his eyes and Naomi was doing his nails, the both of them didn't know about it.

  "We have a schedule tomorrow?" Naomi arrives coincidentally during their chat about work.

  Although her face doesn't show it, the tone of surprise and subtle disbelief suggests that it's something she didn't expect nor want to happen.

  "Yeah..." Jeno mumbles and she emits an, "oh," before taking out her phone to snap pictures of her art.

  She grins. "This way, I can stare at them much longer."

  The others observe her mannerisms as she retreats to her room, shoulder slightly slouching and the door closes.

-

  Laughter fills the set as the eight idols and MC show their amused reaction towards Haechan's joke.

  "Wah~ Haechan really is the mood maker of the group, isn't he? Everything seems to turn bright when he's there," the MC comments and the others unanimously agree.
"Speaking of bright, I noticed that Jeno has very cute nails today. It reminds me of your concept from last time, 'Hello Future.' I recall your nails for 'Glitch Mode,' to be different, however."

  Jeno nods, winning princely eyesmile making its appearance. "Ah, yes. These aren't the nails from 'Glitch Mode.' These were made by Naomi yesterday because we thought we had no schedule. But I didn't want to wipe them away because it would be a waste and they're so pretty too. See?"

  He proudly shows his nails from one camera to the other. He's so passionate in showing them off that if they didn't know the story, they would've thought he drew them.

  "Wow, Omi?? That's a talent! When did you learn how to do that??" The MC gasps and the female idol grins shyly.

  "Self study."

  As they continue to chat, Jeno retains the curve of his lips, smiley throughout the whole interview. You can almost see his imaginary hand patting himself on the back from having displaying his pretty nails.

  Being stubborn about keeping them was the right choice for him.