Chapter 14: Old Friends

I plopped down on the seat beside Tech and sent him a smile.

"You seem cheerful." Tech said as he turned and looked over at me.

"Why wouldn't I be? We are working with Anakin and the 501st." I said as I let out a laugh.

"I keep forgetting that you use to work with them." He said softly.

"Well I actually never worked with them. But I did patch them up from time to time." I explained as I crossed my legs.

He nodded his head and I looked out the window.

"I just realized this will be the first time you guys have met Fives." I said as I turned to look at him.

"I can't wait." He said sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes and gently nudged him.

"You'll love him. Fives is one of my best friends, second to Omega." I said as I sent him a smile.

I stood up and walked out of the cockpit, barely missing Tech's words.

"Then what are we?" Tech mumbled under his breath.

I stopped outside of the cockpit and turned to look inside. I saw that he was still piloting the ship and I decided against asking him what he meant.

When we landed I could see the 501st waiting for us and I felt excited to see them and Skywalker again.

"Ori'vod!" Fives exclaimed as soon as we climbed off the ship.

"Di'kut!" I yelled as I waved to him.

"I thought you didn't know mando'a." Crosshair said with a frown.

"I only know Ori'vod, which means big sister or brother. I know Vod, which is just sister or brother and then there is Di'kut which means idiot." I said calmly.

Fives ran up to us and I let out a yelp as he picked me up and spun me around.

"How have you been Mesh'la?" Fives asked as he sent me a smile.

"Okay what does that word mean?" I asked as I pulled away from him.

"Oh it means-"

Fives instantly stopped talking and I turned and smiled as I saw Echo leave the ship.

"Vod." Fives said softly.

"It's been awhile, Fives." Echo said as he walked up to him.

I watched as Fives turned his head and cleared his throat.

"It's... sorry.. it's good to see you again." Fives said softly.

"It's good to see you too." Echo said softly.

He nodded his head and I let out a sigh.

"Would you two hug each other already." I said as I shook my head.

"Come here you Di'kut." Echo said as he held his arms around.

Fives quickly tackled him into a hug and Echo patted his back.

"I missed you so much! You left me with these idiots!" Fives exclaimed.

I shook my head and smiled as Echo pushed Fives off of him.

"Now you come here and give me some love." Fives said as he held his hands out.

"How about she doesn't." Crosshair said as he stepped in front of me.

I rolled my eyes and pushed past him and walked up to Fives. He pulled me into a hug and I let out a laugh.

"It's been to long." I said as I pulled away from him.

"So how's my favorite doctor?"

"I've been better." I said softly.

"Well you will have to tell me about everything that has happened the past few weeks."

"It's good to see you again." A deep voice said.

I turned my head and smiled as I saw Anakin walk up to us.

"I see my God children aren't with you." I said softly.

"Sorry, Padme said I wasn't allowed to bring them into battle until they were at least twelve." He said with a laugh as he pulled me into a hug.

"And what did Obi-wan say?" I asked as I pulled away from him.

"He said they weren't allowed to fight until he was dead." He said as he shook his head.

"General, I hate to break up the reunion but you called us here for a reason." Hunter said sharply.

"Yes, we have a hit on Dooku and I needed your guys help with taking him down once and for all." Anakin said with a smile.

"And General Kenobi isn't here to help?" Hunter asked with a calmly.

"Afraid not. He's taking down Grievous."

"Good, hopefully we can end this war." I said as I followed Anakin inside.

"And then I can finally leave the order and spend time with my children and wife." Anakin said softly.

"So speaking of your children... when do I get to keep them?"

"Hey you talk to Padme. She's already let Ahsoka keep them." Anakin said with a laugh.

"That bitch! How could she betray me!" I exclaimed as I put my hand over my heart.

We made it inside and Anakin looked back at the guys.

"Anyways, how about we talk in private?" Anakin asked softly.

I nodded my head and he led me to a secret room.

"So what's up?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Okay, so don't tell the boys this yet... but you know the rule about attachments being banned for clones?" He asked softly.

"Yea Wrecker told me about it." I said softly.

"Well Padme is having the rule abolished.... Clones will be allowed to marry and have kids of their own now." He said as he sent me a smile.

"That's... that's great." I said softly.

"You don't sound happy." Anakin said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"No I'm thrilled for them... I just.. I don't know. I'm worried about them." I said softly.

"I'm sure they will be fine. Now let's get started on this mission." Anakin said as he turned and left the room.

I let out a sigh and looked out the window. I saw Wrecker pick Omega up and throw her onto his shoulder, Wrecker said something and Crosshair rolled his eyes, forcing me to let out a small laugh.

"I'm really happy for them." I whispered to myself.