Chapter 28: Crosshair's Dip In The Pool

I am not ready for tomorrow's episode. Not ready at all. I swear if anything bad happens I'm gonna cry 😭.

Especially since it's my birthday 😂

I'm giving Dave one chance and that's all 😂

A week passed before it was time for my date with Crosshair and needless to say he told me nothing of what we were doing.

"Crosshair, where are we going?" I asked as he kept my eyes covered.

"Stop whining mad allow me to lead the way." Crosshair said as he kept me walking.

"We have been walking for ten minutes."

"It's only been five. Now watch your step." He said as he led me down some stairs.

"Cross-"

"I am leading you into a tent. I left a change of clothes for you. Change into them and then put the blindfold on." He said sternly.

I nodded my head and allowed him to own the tent and gently lead me inside. After I knew he was gone I opened my eyes to see a swimsuit.

"He would find a way to get me in the least amount of clothes." I mumbled as I changed.

I finished dressing and then put the blindfold on. I walked out of the tent and felt around.

"Cross?" I asked as I felt around.

I soon touched a hard object and heard a chuckle.

"Didn't expect for you to feel me up, Mesh'la." Crosshair said as he grabbed my hands and pulled them away from his chest.

"Bastard." I mumbled as he pulled me closer.

"Come on. Stay close." He said as he led me down another coup of steps.

"Where are we?"

"A secret place that I stumbled upon a couple weeks back."

After awhile we stopped and Crosshair took the blindfold off.

"Don't open your eyes. Now expect something cold to touch your feet." He said softly.

I nodded my head and allowed him to continue to lead me. I soon felt water and let out a shiver as I sunk into the water. When it got to deep I grabbed a hold of Crosshair's shoulders.

"I have you." He whispered as he kept an arm around my waist.

"Can I please open my eyes?" I asked as I held onto him tightly.

"Not yet." He said softly.

"Cross... I'm scared."

He stopped moving and let out a sigh.

"Okay." He said softly.

I opened my eyes and saw that we were in a spring. I looked around for a second and then looked up at him. I saw a frown on his face and then looked down at his chest. His chest was covered in scars, some old and some new. My hand gently traced one that went up to his neck.

"Is this why you always were a shirt?" I asked softly.

"I'm not a big fan of my scars, Mesh'la." He said softly.

"Crosshair, your scars make you who you are. They show the pain and the suffering that you have went through just to survive." I said softly.

He sent me a small smile and played with my hair.

"You know, you never told me what that word meant." I said as I continued to trace his scars.

"Which word?"

"Mesh'la."

"It means beautiful." He said softly.

"And here I thought I was getting insulted." I said with a small laugh.

"I'd never insult you.... Not truthfully." He said softly.

"Really? Then why do I get called Civie?"

"Because I like how annoyed it makes you." He said as he leaned down and gently captured my lips with his.

I let out a hum as I gently kissed him back. His hands ran through my hair and he pulled me closer. After a few seconds I pulled away.

"Crosshair... I.. I can't." I said as I caught my breath.

"Why? Do you not feel it too?" He asked sadly.

"I don't know what I feel... everything.. is difficult to handle right now."

He nodded his head and I bit my bottom lip.

"I know I care for you, but I just... I don't know if I love you like you love me." I said softly.

"I understand." He said softly.

After we finished swimming we returned home and I found my self more confused than ever. I knew that I cared for the boys, but could I pick which one of them I loved?

"How was the date?" Dad asked from bedside Mom.

"It was... fun." I said as I walked past them.

I stopped at the door and turned to see that Crosshair had already left, leaving me alone with my thoughts and my fathers nagging.