Chapter 30: Tech's Adventure

When Tech told me his plans for the date, I was extremely intrigued. I hadn't really expected for us to spend the date walking around Lothal for a whole day.

"You know we could of got a tour guide if you wanted to look around." I said playfully.

He turned to look at me and sent me a small smile.

"Yes well I thought that this way I could get to know you better... and Hunter already took you to dinner so why not take you on a nice walk." He said softly.

"You sure you're not using this as an opportunity to learn about the planet?" I asked playfully.

"Technically I'm doing this to learn more about you." He said as he turned to look at me.

"Ask away then. What pray tell do you want to know about me?"

"You said you lived on Lothal before you went to Kamino right?" He asked softly.

"Well technically it was Naboo, Lothal, Coruscant and then Kamino, but yes I lived here for awhile." I said softly.

"Why did you go to Coruscant?" He asked as we passed a market stand.

"Oh well Master Kenobi wanted me to come so that I could learn about the force. He taught me how to control it and I was actually on my way to become a Jedi, but... I decided that Kamino had better uses for me then the temple." I said softly.

"And they were fine with you leaving?"

"Well... sort of. Master Kenobi was disappointed in my choice. He had put a lot of time and effort into getting me into the temple."

"So I take it, that's why you two haven't spoken in awhile." He said softly.

"From time to time we speak, but.. we don't have the same relationship we once had." I explained as we stopped at a stand.

Tech ordered us both a drink and then we continued to walk.

"So have you had fun?" I asked as I turned to look at Tech.

"Me? Um... well yes. I like learning more about you." He said softly.

"Well I think since I told you about me... you should tell me more about you." I said as I sent him a smile.

"There isn't much to learn." He said as he fixed his glasses.

"When did you become apart of the Bad Batch?" I asked softly.

"Almost instantly. The Kamino's hand picked all of us to join. They first made Hunter, hence him being the leader. They then made Wrecker and Me."

"You and Wrecker were made at the same time?" I asked softly.

"Same day and everything. Crosshair was later. The Kamino's almost scrapped him actually."

"Why?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"Well Crosshair wasn't a team player. But then a training droid went rogue and Hunter had to save his life. Since then he has had all of our backs."

"Something told me that Crosshair was the problem child." I said as I shook my head.

"True, though Wrecker and I got into the most trouble. Crosshair actually use to cover for us with Hunter." Tech said with a laugh.

"I take it Wrecker was always a team player." I said with a laugh.

"Always. Wrecker has always had my back since the beginning. Of all of them I put most of my trust in him." Tech said softly.

"I'm glad. That you have someone that you're close to." I said softly.

"And do you have someone you are close with?" He asked softly.

"Like a sibling?" I asked softly.

"Yes."

"Well I want to say I'd trust Ezra, but he's a baby, so I guess... I'd trust Ahsoka with my life."

"General Tano?"

"Yep, she was the first person other than Master Kenobi, Anakin, and Padme that I met."

"What is she like?"

"Well she.. she is a mini Anakin. Though she also had a lot of Master Kenobi in her. Ahsoka is head strong and extremely brave... but she is also kind and caring. But not to much that she lets others push her around. Though she is younger than me, she has always been protective of me." I explained.

"How did she feel about you rejecting the order?" He asked softly.

"She understood why I did it. She once told me she wished that she had my strength to leave... but she couldn't stand by and let innocent people get hurt. It's what I love most about her." I said softly.

"She is a true Jedi."

"She is. She's what the Jedi should be." I said softly.

He nodded his head and we continued to walk.

"I had a lot of fun... more so then I've had in a long time." Tech said as he stared down at me.

"I have to. It was nice getting out and it was even better to learn about you and the boys." I said as I sent him a smile.

Tech went to say something but someone bumped into him and he accidentally pushed me onto the ground. My eyes instantly went wide as our lips connected.

The kiss lasted a few seconds before he pulled away and helped me up.

"I'm extremely sorry, I didn't-"

I gently touched his cheek and pulled him down for a gentle kiss on the cheek.

"It's okay." I said as I pulled away from him and sent him a smile.

He nodded his head and we continued our walk home, where my mother was impatiently waiting to hear of me and Tech were getting married.

"Mom!" I yelled as I covered my face.

"I'll leave you to.. handle her." Tech said as he turned and walked towards his house.

"That wasn't a no." Mom said softly.

"Mom!"