Chapter 16: Reality

It had nearly been an hour now and I felt worry slowly creep into my mind. I wanted to comm the boys, but I knew that could put them in danger. So I decided that I would call the one person I knew could calm my nerves.

"Hello?" A gentle voice asked.

"Hi mom... sorry to wake you." I said softly.

"What's wrong? You don't normally call me this late."

"I just needed to hear your voice."

"(Y/n)."

"The boys are in the middle of a mission... and um... it's dangerous." I said as I pulled my legs to my chest.

"And you are worried."

"Extremely. I haven't heard from them in over an hour and I... I know I shouldn't be this scared. Anakin is with them.... But I can't stop worrying."

"I'm sure they will be okay, sweetheart... you just have to trust them."

"I do. I just... forget it."

"What is it?"

"Padme is going to be abolishing a rule for the clones... one that will allow them to leave the army."

"That's great."

"I know, but... what if... what if I don't see them again? Mom, what if the bad batch doesn't want me in their lives after this is over?" I asked sadly.

"Oh sweetheart. That could never happen. Those boys love you, just as much as you love them."

"Mom, what if something happens to them?" I asked sadly.

"I'm sure it will be fine."

I heard crying and smiled as she left to get Ezra. She soon came back and I sent Ezra a smile.

"Hey little man. I didn't mean to wake you." I said softly.

"Sissy!" He exclaimed as he started to reach for me.

"Yea it's sissy..... so I should be visiting you anytime soon. And hopefully if this war ends I'll be there in a few weeks." I said softly.

He stood out a squeal and I shook my head.

"I miss you, guys." I said softly.

"We miss you too. And we can't wait for you to come visit us... and for us to meet Omega and the boys." Mom said playfully.

I heard Omega turn and I walked over to her and set on the edge of the bed and ran my fingers through her hair. She quickly snuggled into me and I looked back at mom.

"I can't wait for you to meet her either... you will love her mom." I said softly.

"I know I will, especially because she's apart of you." She said as she sent me a smile.

We continued to talk for a while before I heard a beeping sound. I turned my head and saw the comm on my desk beeping.

"Hello can anyone hear me?" A voice asked.

I quickly dropped the comm and rushed over to Omega's comm.

"Omega are you there? It's Tech. I have some news." The voice said softly.

"Tech? Are you guys okay?" I asked quickly.

"(Y/n), I didn't expect for you to pick up. Um yes we are all fine. We are heading back now." He said softly.

"What happen?" I asked as I set down in my chair.

"Well we found Dooku."

"Omega told me about that. Have you captured him yet? Is everyone okay? What about the 501st?"

"(Y/n), we are all okay. We have a couple cuts and bruises, but nothing serious.... Well except Wrecker." Tech said with a sigh.

"What happen to Wrecker?" I asked as my heart stopped.

"He almost lost a hand, but he is okay. A little shook up, but he will survive."

"Don't scare me like that." I said angrily.

I let out a sigh and rubbed my forehead.

"So what happen?" I asked softly.

"Is that Omega?" A deep voice asked.

"Actually it's (Y/n)." Tech said calmly.

"Hunter, is that you?" I asked softly.

I heard ruffling and closed my eyes.

"Yea it's me. We are on our way back now." Hunter said softly.

"What happen?" I asked as I held my breath.

"Dooku is dead... we won (Y/n). The war is finally over." Hunter said softly.

"That's great... I can't wait to see you boys." I said before I was forced to hang up on them.

I covered my mouth and felt tears stream down my face. I looked back over at Omega and saw that she was still asleep. I quickly snuck out of the room and slid down the door. I felt a sob leave my lips as I realized that I would be forced to say goodbye to The Bad Batch.