Chapter 17: Goodbyes

When the boys returned, Omega was the first to greet them. I watched as she ran up to them and tackled Hunter in a hug.

"We won!" Wrecker exclaimed as she hugged him.

Hunter shook his head and turned to look at me. I sent him a small smile and a nod.

"I'm proud of you boys." I said softly.

"It was nothing. The General was the real hero." Echo said calmly.

"He won't let me live that down." I said as I shook my head.

"He said something like that." Crosshair said with a chuckle.

"So what do we do now?" Tech asked calmly.

"Well I can answer that." A voice said.

I turned my head and saw Padme and Anakin walk up to us. I felt a smile spread across my face as I saw Luke and Leia in both of their arms.

"Auntie!" They exclaimed.

"Please take her." Anakin begged.

I took Leia fro mom and bounced her on my hip.

"Hello Princess." I said as I hugged her.

"Anyways. Padme would you do the honors." Anakin said with a playful bow.

"As of this moment forward, the clones are free to do as they please. You no longer are being forced to stay in the army... and for your service we will be giving you a ship and helping you all find homes." Padme said softly.

I felt my heart stop and Leia held onto me tighter. I watched as Omega started to jump up and down and I couldn't help but to smile softly.

"So... we can date people now?" Wrecker asked softly.

"Yes you can have attachments." Anakin said with a laugh.

I watched as all the boys looked at each other and then back at Anakin.

"Thank you sir." Hunter said calmly.

"Alright. (Y/n), from what I hear you will be returning to Kamino." Anakin said as he turned to look at me.

"Um sir isn't she going to be free to leave?" Echo asked quickly.

"Well she actually works for them, but I mean if she wants to leave she is free to go." Anakin said softly.

"Thank you. I'll get ready to leave for Kamino." I said as I looked down at Leia.

Anakin nodded his head and took Leia from me. He left with Padme and I turned to look at the boys and Omega.

"But I thought you were coming with us?" Omega asked sadly.

"Omega... I... I'm sure that you and the boys will be just fine without me." I said softly.

"But we are suppose to be a family."

I felt my heart stop and I let out a sigh.

"I have to go back. I still have work and... I have a family I have to visit... Mega this was..."

I stopped myself from talking and bit my lip. I closed my eyes and let out a shaky sigh. I opened my eyes again and stood up.

"I'm sorry, but Omega this was a job and it was nothing more." I said softly.

I saw her eyes go wide and I instantly felt my heart break.

"I... but I thought you loved us... I thought you loved me." She said through tears.

"Omega... I do care for you but I can't... I can't leave with you guys."

She quickly turned around and I watched as she took off running towards the ship. I looked back over at the boys and saw that they all had frowns on their faces, even Wrecker.

"I'm gonna go check on her." Wrecker said as he turned and walked away.

Echo shook his head and turned and followed Wrecker to the ship.

"Goodbye, Doctor (L/n)." Hunter said sternly.

"Yea, bye, Civie." Crosshair said as he turned and walked away.

They all left leaving me alone with Tech.

"I don't know why you thought you needed to hurt them... but I really hope it was worth it." Tech said as he turned and walked away from me.

I felt a single tear stream down my face and I turned and walked away. I had already packed my bags, knowing that I wouldn't be going with the boys as soon as I heard that the war was over.

I made it to the ship and climbed on.

"Ready to return to Kamino?" One of the clones asked.

"Yea... I'm ready." I said as I stared out the window.