Lionel Messi: Ruin My Life

Lionel stared at the bleak room. There were many things going through his mind. Mostly, he was wondering what he was going to do now? She meant everything to him. Everything. Leo would give up his professional career for her, she was everything.

A few tears formed in his eyes. Their son, Thiago bounced on Leo's knee. Leo looked down at the tiny infant. He wouldn't remember his madre, he didn't even understand the reason they were there.

A few of Leo's friends offered to take Thiago for the morning, but Leo couldn't imagine being alone during this. At least, he is a part of her. At least he's not completely alone. At least, he's not going to be alone forever. He'll have to replace the grief for his love and turn it into love for his son.

There are many things that Leo wishes to be different. Many. But, the unfortunate truth is that, he wasn't getting any of his wishes. Truthfully, he wasn't sure where to go from here.

He has a year old son, a football career and he wants to be fully involved in both. She made both of those work. Everything good in Leo's life simply made a complete circle back to his love.

"Leo, amor, stop." She begged in between the laughs her beautiful self was emitting into the air.

But, Leo hadn't stopped. He kept dancing, and quite horribly at that, and she was dying. Her laughs made Leo want to make a fool of himself even more. He loved her that much. Her smile, her laugh, her everything, he placed her over his own self worth. He'd give anything and everything up to be with her.

Despite the cruel intentions that the world has laid upon him, Leo quite rightly decided that she's the only one. The only that will ever hold his heart, besides Thiago of course. She'll be the only one, simply because there only is one. And she's not with him anymore.

She's gone.

Leo swallowed and hoped the lump in his throat would just disappear. How was he suppose to live his everyday life now? His life is her. And now.. it's nothing.

"Leo?" A voice said.

Leo looked up to find Gerard staring down at him. Gerard reached to take Thiago from Leo and passed him off to Shakira.

"Leo, just cry. It'll make you feel better." Gerard instructed.

And Leo did. Gerard sat next to Leo and engulfed the him in a hug. They stayed there for awhile as Leo softly whimpered. Gerard's own sadness being shown at this moment. Gerard had a huge pain in his heart as he felt his friend soak his clothing with his tears.

But Gerard knew he had to be strong for Leo.

"Leo, listen, it's hard, I can't tell you it'll get any easier without her, but you're going to have to learn to deal. Right now, you can cry and you can hit anything and you can scream and you can hate, but one day, you'll wake up and with the pain that's in your heart at this moment, it'll be minimized. You'll miss her forever, but Leo, I promise you, it'll get better." Gerard comforted as his own voice broke.

Leo stopped crying, but not because of any of the words spoken by Gerard, he had barely realized Gerard was speaking. Leo stopped crying because he couldn't cry anymore. What was left was the hardest situation of his life.

Sure he envisioned this when they were 80 or 90 but he didn't ever take into consideration how much it was going to hurt. They were suppose to grow old and die together, as cliché as that may be. That was what they planned. Who's going to be there for him when he's no longer a footballer? Nobody can replace her.

Leo took tiny steps towards the casket. His heart beating faster than any football match could ever make it, he saw his beautiful wife's face, white as can be and he dropped to his knees.

This wasn't suppose to happen.

This was never suppose to happen.

"Leo?" Another voice said.

It was only the second time somebody called his name but he was already sick of it.

"Leo, baby." the voice said again.

He recognized it this time to be his mother's. Immediately he got up and crawled into her arms.

Maybe he had broken down with Gerard already, but there is only a single person in the world to make somebody break down even further. And it's their mother. Mother's arms have this magical power just to break you. And once in them, you can't ever escape. She knows before you do. And it's not quite fair, the last thing Leo wanted was for his madre to feel even worse. But, he couldn't imagine anybody else's arms around him at the moment, other than his love's.

"Leo, I love you." His mother said, her voice wrenched with sadness, and perhaps fear.

As people entered the room, the more isolated Leo wanted to be. He didn't like everybody offering condolences, not in the slightest, half the people barely knew her. But, the condolences, even if Leo barely knew who the person was, meant a great deal to him.

It makes no sense, but perfect sense.

And perhaps, the most beautifully written eulogy to have ever been spoken was said that night. Not by Leo, he could barely manage a sentence, the only sentence that he said in its full entirety was 'I love you.'

But, by probably the closest friend that she had gotten in her most recent years. Abigail and Leo seldom got along, but on this particular night they were hitched to each other. Abigail knew exactly how Leo felt, and how much that love was requited.

The two of them, they were the perfect couple. Absolute beauties. And why such a beautiful romance was taken so abruptly from the world would be forever unknown.

"She use to tell me everyday how Lionel Messi is the best footballer in the world. And I use to tell her that she was crazy, Cristiano Ronaldo was clearly better. It got under her skin like no tomorrow. But, she knew, I knew, Lionel Messi is the greatest footballer in the world. She's funny, she's known Leo for how many years, they have a child together, she's been to countless football matches, and she still was never tired of telling people who she is and how great her husband is.

"I'm Toni Messi"

Has anybody ever actually heard her say just Toni?

"Leo, he's amazing. If I wasn't married to him myself, I would be sure he's not actually human. He's amazing. I love watching him play, it's like watching a shooting star go by. Except, when the star goes by you'll never see it again, and Leo, he's an amazing sight every time he touches a football."

Toni told me that one probably every week, and I would listen to it week after week because it's true. But what she didn't know was, I listened to her talk about that because her eyes lit up like her own star talking about Leo.

Toni belonged with Leo no doubt, and I hope she's okay with this speech being mostly about him because that's what she talked about ninety percent of the time. Lionel freaking Messi." Abigail eulogized.

Leo closed his eyes that night, and dreamt about Toni. She spoke to him, she told him every answer to every question he wanted to know. And when he woke up, despite knowing that the bed was empty on the other side, he felt her presence.

Once you love something strong enough, they'll be bonded to you forever. And if Leo knew anything about chemistry, he would've tried to make a bonding reference. But, even he had to laugh at that. He knew absolutely nothing about chemistry. But, he knows her love is with him eternally.

~•~~•~~•~

ILL FIX SPELLING LATER I CANT RIGHT NOW I CAN BARELY EVEN BREATH PROPERLY

Btws I'm going to make a happy Messi one shot I promise because he was requested and I can't have you getting an upsetting one. I promise!