Eden Hazard: Triangle

Eden slowly pulled his socks up over his shin guards. His mind was everywhere but the match he had to play in twenty minutes. Around him his teammates talked amongst each other. The small chatter of each conversation adding to make a loud atmosphere, almost playground like.

His eyes wondered around the room, falling on the one person he wished wasn't there. There was a time when Oscar and him had been good friends, almost telepathic on the pitch. As their friendship progressed, Oscar had introduced him to his girlfriend.

Laura.

He was not phased by her at first, but she had her own unique way to break down every layer of him. He's a friendly guy, but at a certain point, Eden will stop talking when it gets too personal.

One night long ago, Eden had just come back from his international break in Belgium. He hadn't played well, and despite scoring the winning goal, he was anything but euphoric. He was, is, missing something that is causing his play to get affected. Despite how long, hard, or concentrated he was in training, he couldn't perform as well as before.

Oscar probably feeling Eden's gaze, turned and met Eden's eyes. He looked to the ground quickly. Oscar frowned and wondered what was up with the Belgian. It was uncharacteristic of him to be like this, but before he could get up and go ask, the changing room stilled as their coach walked in with a scowl.

Oscar stood in front of Eden on the line before they took position on the pitch. He drew in a breath before turning to him.

"Don't sweat this." Oscar said.

"Huh?" Eden asked.

"I suppose you should sweat, but don't be nervous, you're Eden Hazard! There's not a single player in this tunnel that wouldn't switch talent with you, myself included. You, on your worse day, are still better than most of us on our best day." Oscar said soothing the nerves Eden didn't know he still had.

"Thanks man." Eden finally smiled after a few silent moments.

When the match had ended, Eden was feeling pretty good about himself. He scored a goal and got an assist, it was like he was back on form again. Eden went to find Oscar to thank for the encouragement. As he looked around the parking lot with all the players cars, he found Oscar leaning against his car talking to his girlfriend.

Eden changed his path and went towards his car, pretending he never noticed either of them. He was about to get into his car when he heard his name being called.

Eden turned and forced a smile at the girl who had taken his heart by storm.

"You played so well! I'm so proud of you!" Laura beamed.

She then reached forwards and hugged the Belgian tightly. Eden squeezed her back and then retracted his arms. He wanted to be able to hug her for long periods of time, but he knew he couldn't. It was something he was struggling to cope with. Something so difficult, he could only compare it with how Marco Reus must've felt watching Germany win the World Cup while he was injured.

"I'd love stay and chat, but I gotta get home." Eden lied.

Laura frowned at the Belgian but didn't question his motives. She subconsciously knew that Eden had a crush on her, but her brain refused to think it was true. After all, she's dating one of his best friends and she's completely in love with Oscar. Eden got in his car and drove home, where he took a nap and ignored the world.

The next day, the entire team had off since they had a match the day prior. Eden's phone was placed on his nightstand and he refused to use it. The youngest of the Hazard's was in London and he refused to spoil the day by looking at snapchats of Laura with Oscar. The two brothers spent the day playing football. Eden taught Ethan all he knew about football and helped him with his developing skills. By the end of the day, Eden had gone to bed happy and not thinking about the girl who had a hold of his heart.