Thomas Müller: How All Internet Friendships Should End

Maya swiveled in her desk chair as she watched the football game that was on her television. The game was close, and the referee had just blown his whistle. Maya took a calming breath in and felt her phone vibrate. Looking down, she smiled at the name that had appeared.

Thomas: This game is waayy too intense

Maya responded back and then went back to watching the final ten minutes of a vital game that was currently 1-1. When the final whistle blew to signal the end of the match, Maya picked her phone back up.

Thomas: that was pretty disappointing:/

Maya: I know:(

Thomas: only a point:/

Maya: :(

Maya placed her phone on her desk and walked to the refrigerator to grab something to drink. She could hear her parents arguing about something new, she sighed before walking back into her bedroom.

Maya: doing anything today?

Thomas: got a lot of school work I'm not gonna do

Maya: hahaha so practicing football?

Thomas: you know me well:)

Thomas: what about you, are you doing anything?

Maya: probably not, got to go horseback riding later

Thomas: that is something to do, you know

Maya: maybe to you, I do that everyday so it's not something relevant

Maya: want to hear a joke

Thomas: oh no

Maya: why did the scarecrow get a promotion?

Maya: BECAUSE HE WAS OUTSTANDING IN THE FIELD

Thomas: shit pun

Maya: you're a shit pun

Thomas: ...

Maya: :/ why don't you like puns

Thomas: because

Maya: because you're a loser?

Maya: I agree

Thomas: smh

Maya: :)

Thomas turned his phone off and grabbed the football from his room before going to meet his friends at the football field. He wanted to be a professional footballer so badly.

Maya, on the other hand, frowned as her new message had yet to be read, and all she wanted was to talk to the guy who made her happy for no particular reason other than he was cool.

She knew Thomas was busy with either football or school often, and she didn't want to bother him, but she also just wanted to talk to him. It didn't help that every time she messaged him, he was busy, and by the time he replied, she was busy, and then when her message was sent and he read it, they'd both be too tired to hold a conversation.

Maya wouldn't say she was in love with Thomas, but she liked him. He's easy to talk to and he's funny, and despite the fact he hates her puns, he still makes an effort because he has sent his own before. It's also a benefit that he was into the same type of music as she was. They could discuss for hours songs.

It was beyond unfortunate they lived on polar opposite sides of Germany. Germany's not a huge country, but nobody is going to travel by train to meet a kid they've never met before, and no parent would willingly send their daughter off to meet a guy that was just an Internet buddy. Maya hadn't even seen a proper picture of him. He was super shy about that and never sent good quality photos where she could actually make out a human face.

Maya sighed, she hated that she got so easily attached to this boy from Munich. Especially since Thomas was smart, a great footballer and seemed to have great friendships with his teammates. Maya struggled to maintain friendships. Nobody understood why she spent hours at the barn with horses over going to the mall.

Over the years, Maya and Thomas strayed from talking to each other every night, to every weekend and then once in awhile, then suddenly it was four o'clock in the morning, and they were playing tic tac toe on snapchat. It was a strange relationship for just about anybody to comprehend, but nevertheless, it was a pretty important one.

Thomas never mentioned his last name to Maya, even though he knew everything about Maya, Thomas always remained very secretive about his last name for some reason.

Maya got into football because of Thomas, he loved to talk about it, and she started learning and became a fan of Bayern Munich. When a young boy called Thomas came through their youth system, he quickly became something surreal. He was an amazing striker, and above all he had Mia San Mia tattooed in his heart.

As Maya got older, and Thomas as well, she had finally decided to spend some of her money to go see a Bayern Munich match, which was unfortunately a match that Thomas wasn't able to make. He had promised they'd meet though.

As she sat in the stands, surrounded by Bayern fans alike, she watched as an entire stadium applauded and was in awe of their striker. He wasn't just a striker, he was them. He felt the same feeling towards the club as them, and that's why their eyes gleamed while hearing his name.

Thomas Muller had the ball at his feet, he passed to Robben, before receiving the ball back within the penalty box. Thomas carefully moved the ball around the defender and aimed for the corner. The ball swooshed around the netting.

Thomas Muller then ran across the field and scanned the crowd briefly. Maya watched as Thomas Muller climbed his way into the stands and past the fans impatiently that were trying to hug and stop him. Thomas stopped at Maya's row before passing all the people until he was standing next to Maya.

"Maya." Thomas breathed out.

"Thomas?" Maya spoke.

Thomas kissed Maya and nobody knew what was going on, not even his teammates, but Maya and Thomas knew that they were going to be something special.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Been awhile since I last updated..

The Earth has rotated 21 times, and the earth has revolved 1,952,073,942 miles. The moon has gone through one complete cycle from new moon to full moon and then back to new moon. However, Chelsea Football Club are still tenth.

Okay, for real though, requests anybody?