𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕯𝖎𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓𝖘.

༺༒༻ 1799 ༺༒༻

Y/n's .Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

"I beg your pardon, sir, for being a real burden to your precious time," I said to the person with whom I was conversing, "you spoke of the same headless horseman who kills people all around the same circle of the town. Sir McLeod was decapitated by the same headless man a year back: and you say he was your dear friend?"

As I spoke I chanced to look over the Mayor of the town; he uttered nothing expecting for me to speak more. I hesitated at first, but spoke again. "Surely I haven't been much in the town all of these past years. I had to travel all around the continent to assist and solve each new cases which was given to me. But when I got a telegram of about the series of brutal decapitations going on in my own hometown Sleepy Hollow. I had not a choice but to return back at the crack of the dawn." I said, exasperated. The strains of irritation was peeking up my voice with every breathe I took.

Meanwhile the night air seemed to become colder and colder, and though I wished to go back to the only hotel of the town and directly pull myself back to my slumber, inside the cozy little bed; Alas! I couldn't do none of it at all.

The harth of the burning fire drizzled across the fireside: as if watching our heated conversation serenely from it's inner sanctum. I and the Mayor were in my office cabin, and it was especially closed, late at night. Just a few hours back, when I was busy preparing to announce my departure after a long hectic day. Just on time I got a great amount of surprise when I received a telegram from the authorities (of the place where I work) that an unusual guest wanted to personally meet me. And so, right infront of me was the Mayor of Sleepy Hollow, sitting across from my table. He wanted to meet me personally to talk about some very important things.

I could notice the disdain and nervous looks he casted over me with every moment passing by - ever since the day when some of my great grand uncles had newly became the heirs of the L/n family, they had misjudged the old man by saying that he wasn't deserved to be the Mayor of the village and had challenged him to come over a deathly duel and well, ill treated the old Mayor - ever since then, he had never even looked towards us and had developed utter hatred for our clan. Hence, it was unexpected that he wanted to meet me.

I drummed my fingers against the tabletop, briefly waiting for the old man to say something; anything. But I swatted the thought as quickly as it came when I noticed that he was fidgeting against his watch. As if thinking to say something, but another thought preoccupied his previous one. Letting out a deep breathe, I drew myself back on my chair and crossed my arms around my chest.

Apparently the Mayor looked up at me, as if trying to break the chain of thoughts that was captured inside his mind and whilst whatever the thing he was thinking, I didn't cared much. The thing was, I just wanted the right answer: The old man's main purpose to visit me was to inform that I wasn't capable to look after the case of the headless horseman and his next prey. Already a victim had been discovered around the southern part of the town a year back, and that was my personal lawyer; Sir McLeod.

His dead body was terrifying: the head was brutally sliced from his body and nowhere to be seen. The New York Police force tried their level best to find his head as to investigate if it was a murder or an accident, but nothing came as a real conclusion.

I recollected the thought, that Sir McLeod was assigned by my mother to investigate our ancestral house in the outskirts of Sleepy Hollow. For some legal contracts that my father's last wish was to deposit the house for his youngest daughter's name, and whilst: that was me.