𝕾𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝕸𝖎𝖘𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊𝖉 𝕾𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙𝖘.

༺༒༻⒏༺༒༻

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

Mr Eglantine was frankly dumbfounded when he realized that there was no aspect of this particular problem, but which he could directly blame to the town council. And he merely snapped.

"Why can't you just understand it, Lady L/n. I mean, why do you tolerate such things that aren't even actually yours? Well, the town councillors are not even bothered of the conditions of the people living in Sleepy Hollow. Instead of protecting it; the victims of the headless horseman is growing each week. Or perhaps, even each days. Even the authorities didn't bother to-"

I paid no attention to what he was saying; it was all too vague and round-about and irrelevant to the present case; the idea of me being a sort-of assistant with Mr Crane on the cases of the headless horseman provoked Eglantine into incoherent, unpredictable statements. I left him alone; And after all, it was me only who had started the topic over the unexpected visit of Mr Crane in my house last night.

Though, I was flabbergasted when I recieved a letter from Mr Crane this morning; he had written about his sudden worsening health and could barely leave his bed after returning back from my house. Probably, in my own view, it was because Mr Crane was mentally disturbed by the death of Mr Philipse. Or rather I could say; Mr Crane had seen the headless horseman chopping off the older man's head infront of his own eyes.

And my first doubt was actually the truth; he was really, very sensitive in these types of critical situations. I still could barely understand the fact that he was still working as a detective? Even though I realized that he actually didn't liked his profession.

But that was not as more important as this new problem risen upon me, and even though regarded by Mr Crane himself.

McLeod; my Lawyer, was also in these connections with the Van Garrett's? Sure that he was the first victim of these all series of decapitations.
But, how? I'am definitely not sure of this whole circumstances!
He couldn't betray us!
Even if he did, then there was something for a reason after all.

I shrugged my shoulders with exhaustion, and entered inside my cabin from the parlour. I briefly made my way towards the desk and started to reorganise the half done paperworks from the table, and carefully kept it back on the cupboard. Though it was still the most busy hours of the usual schedule of my work. I kept on thinking about the murder of Magistrate Samuel Philipse.

His dead body . . .

And as said by Mr Crane in the letters:  Philipse was about to actually reveal the unknown father of the widow, Emily Winship. But all of a sudden the headless horseman appeared and decapitated Philipse, before absconding with his head. Even though, I wasn't as surprised when a few moments  back, Eglantine had came running inside my cabin, saying that Philipse was also the new victim, and there was no clue of his chopped up head.

I sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of my nose with disapproval. When I heard more about the informations from Eglantine. And even without taking any mere precautions of this new brutal decapitation by the councillors. They did was, nothing.

There was so much to understand about this completely difficult case.

No,

Sir McLeod was not a type of person who would keep such a pathetic secrets from us! He would surely informed me at least. I slowly tried to massage the temples of my head, trying to rethink the past thoughts, but my mind wasn't giving me anything to do atleast; and as it was ready to burst out anytime with the severe pain and stress, and also because of the lack of sleep I couldn't get for few days.