𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖐𝖞.

༺༒༻⒐༺༒༻

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

Now what was this?!

I thought as loudly as possible, aggressively plonking the book back at the table. There was so much more to understand about what the riddle was actually signifying to tell me about. Was it of any life history of the headless horseman? Or was it about the real mystery behind Mr McLeod's death?

Placing my hand under my chin as a support in the desk. I started to rethink of the first stanza in the book. Father's birthplace? That was what it had been written. Why would I even know anything about my father's birthplace?! I thought to myself. I had no idea what the book wanted to make me understand; and whilst nothing was yet to be understood. My heart sank at the sight of my mind, which was darkening again.

My mind seethed with plans as to how to re-establish at the thought of the strange riddle. Let yourself accompanied by someone whom you can trust. Whom I can trust?

Was it Eglantine I could trust? No, I have known him over all these years and had acknowledged the fact that he was a big mouth; and would likely to reveal about the secrets and powers of the book itself, or even the confidential informations to other people.

I was torn between my desire to make a grand gesture, such as paying off his any debts or bills to shut his mouth if it was necessary for me to let Eglantine inside my plan, for he was intelligent and was wise, and my inability to adopt it - as I didn't even liked the idea to share the secret to any of the elders of the town.

So I decided not to frustrate myself even more with the questions of the bill with Eglantine; he was wise, but not trustworthy. If I had to fill up someone inside the mystery of the riddle; I had to find a person who was both. Genius and was trustfull.

While I was in the state of mental confusion, Eglantine came up with another new problem.

"So you were here," his voice suddenly jolted me back in the present, Eglantine poked his head from a bookshelf and added, "And I was still finding you everywhere in the cabin." Peeking down at me from his glasses. He didn't seemed much pleased.

I let out a sigh, "What was it?'' I asked instead, and pulled the book back towards the side of the table, so he could not acknowledge it.

Eglantine looked quite doubtful at my sudden act, but said, "if you are still free, then there is a dozen of proof copies which are sent for you to check right now." He looked at me through his small silver-rimmed glasses, expecting for me to answer back.

While I paused for a few seconds; these mere works would always last anytime, but not the main purpose I was ignoring it. My nose wrinkled in deliberate annoyance, and I let out a sneer.

"What? Why it should be now?" I bursted out. Agitated, I Stood up from the chair with a frown.

He seemed to look quite doubtful again - Eglantine was a tyrant when it came to paper works, but there was no way of protesting. He would brush everything aside. And as if reading my mind he explained, "If there was any other works you had not completed Lady L/n. Then you could do it instead, why to get frustrated already?"

"All right, all right," I said after a breif pause, trying to calm myself down, "I would have checked the proof today . . . but well . . . not now."

Eglantine was left rather flabbergasted. He had never heard a single no from me, even if it comes for work I had never said no. But well, this was the very first time that I was denying to do any of it.