Protect Her!

13.

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

"Just a few minutes, and we will leave. I promise you." He tried to assure me, with as much gentleness he wanted to show in order to calm me down, which I literally couldn't. What was inside a cave by the way? What was he even trying to drag me down in? I shuddered under his observation, when we trekked infront of the dark shadows which hided the entrance of the Hollow cave.

My mind lingered over if a wild beast would come out, hunting over the alive, or whether some poisonous insects which could suck on your blood and go through our flesh. I cringed visibly.

"Now, now. Not with that expression of yours." He muttered, sighing it off.

Mr Crane stood upright infront of me, tall as ever, he ceased to throw those suspicious glances behind me and young Masbath. Who stood in a safe distance away from us, looking after our horses.

I made no effort on responding him either my silence, and his effort to ignore my eyes made it more and more awkward than we were actually before when we met for the first time.

He nervously cleared his throat in order to tear me out of my daydream, I immediately realized and started apologizing for it. Even though I didn't wanted to.

We entered inthrough the wild creepers, and bare walls of the dark cave which seemed like a mesh of a clear spider net, attracting those who were curious, or practically 'stupid'.

I came close towards Crane. Not knowing how to escalate this situation in anyway possible way, as we tiptoed furthermore the marshes of the slippery, muddy floor.

I slipped a little, immediately clasping Mr Crane's hand, amd almost yelled at the same act.

"Sorry," I said for the first time, whilst I noticed how surprised Crane looked by the sudden incident.

He nodded.

And walked forward, not giving me the slight chance to look where we were heading inside, the atmosphere around us had already been getting darker than the daylight we had left far behind us, but even in through the dark passage like structure.

I could see his facial muscles getting tensed up, surprised by how he was smiling at no particular reason, or perhaps I knew the reason, but tried to ignore it.

***

"What on earth brings you here?" The woman asked again.

Her deep dark hair hiding most of her face, almost fully. I stood a safe distance away from Crane, but managed to focus my attention over the strange woman who was standing infront of a large fireplace, her back towards us.

Her pale, ashen skin looked particularly malnourished even from a distance, she was thin and brittle. Yet, her voice was clear and strong, to my own surprisement, she seemed to look as a woman of purpose.

Even though we found her inside a crumbling cave, though it was out of our imagination that it was a witch's 'hut'.

"We have come here from Sleepy Hollow." Mr Crane replied, I looked up at him with a bit of surprise.

She paused. Hesitant for a while.

Crane gulped again, his hand inside his coat, I noticed a cold metallic object still clutched in his hand all over this time. A cylindrical shaped black tool, which I could not refuse to look away from.