𝕸𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖚𝖚𝖘.

꧁༺⒓༻꧂

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

Mortuus.

Means Death.

The blood.

Means a murder.

There was something so weird and uncanny about the whole thing that it gave me a turn and made me feel faint. I placed my one hand under my chin as a weary support, while my other one traced along the bloodied fingerprints which caught a vivid attention along the old diary.

"What does it supposed to-"

"It does, more specifically means that 'you are going to die'." Mr Crane cut my sentence in between, as he straightened himself to shift the book in his gaze.

"But . . . But how," I faltered with a hint of genuine frustration, "-how did it came? I. I didn't even touched the diary. How could blood be-"

He heavily sighed at my question, as he upturned the book with his hands.
"There isn't much time to convey any of these questions, Detective L/n. We are running late."

"Late?" I echoed.

Mr Crane started flipping over the same page, not bothering to answer any of my questions. While an awful silence ensued with a never ending deadlocks. Eyes still not leaving the book at all, he seemed to grimace for a slight second, as if thinking about something for a while.

"The Western Woods." He briskly muttered.

I blinked twice, as I heard the not-very-obvious statement.

Was he sure? The Western Woods was indeed, in the end of the narrow alleys of Sleepy Hollow. Moreover no one had even thought of going there alone. Obviously I was baffled at the thought of knowing that he had however, discovered a most isolated part of the town.

I coughed discreetly, "And what type of connection is there with someone painting blood in my Grandfather's notebook and the West wood?"

A shadow of tiredness overlinked Mr Crane's sharp features, as he absent mindedly thrusted few books in a long bundle of pile, "There are so many connections, you should need to know."

***

There are so many connections!
Connections that I should need to understand. Moreover, I am feeling as if numerous arrows are stinging in my stomach. But why did I even came in between these circumstances in first point?! It all depends upon the fact that I was being too curious, and overly optimistic about the current situation of the town? I was just curious of the headless horseman. And that's it!

Maybe the Mayor of the town was right. Eventually; I was just an ordinary woman like any of the females of the town. But maybe; the gender equality which the town people often enough, showed with a passion of pressuring and dominance was not as same as Mr Crane would see it.

He was unlikely very different from the men and even the women of the bizarre ideas of old minds. He understood and had a good belief over the gender equality. Maybe that was why he thought that I was more capable of joining over the cases of this headless horseman?