𝕬 𝕾𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖘 𝖂𝖆𝖙𝖈𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌.

༺༒༻ 𝐅𝐄𝐖 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐊𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 ༺༒༻

Y/n's. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

I always dreaded the sight of assigned papers which I have to fill it up.

It always rattles me whenever Mr Eglantine hurls inside my cabin with a huge bundle of worksheets with him, and the spines of it coming along at the act of him; plonking the papers in the table, right in front of my face. It feels like someone just slapped me on my cheek. Also the most annoying part of it was: I had to fill all the pages right in time, which I surely couldn't.

And unfortunately today was the day when I had to bring a dozen undone paper works with me in my hotel room, along with the strange looks casted over me by the hotel receptionist. I just shrugged at the reactions of the people around who threw weird glances over me, when they walked past from me.

Sitting on the frayed armchair, I moved from my seat, side by side, as to pass along another round of worksheets with me. I just wanted to finish my paperworks and get out of this rathole. My house; or, my ancestral house was in the outskirts of the town. Saying it, if I had to take the route to my house by walking, then it would in turn be 30 minutes. Or by the help of a horse, I could easily reach my house in less then ten minutes.

Well, it feels awkward to say. But I am the only living heiress of my clan fortunes. I believe though I cared little for the fact; but so it was. My ancestors had great possessions, and whilst for my father to become a very rich merchant. His three children, of whom I was the youngest and the only female L/n born after an era of one hundred years, were to share the broad acres among ourselves.

But I do not think that my two elder brothers were any prouder or happier on that account of them, along with me, gaining to become the heirs of the L/n fortunes and treasures. I know, I too was not.

We three were simply happy that our souls were attached with our body and we were safe in the wing of our kind and lovely mother.

But the peace loving and joyful life of our family, which people often saw from outside our mansion wasn't the same as it looked inside the four walls of the mansion.

The reality was terrifying. My father was an alcoholic, not forgetting his gambling habits, and one which lead us in a great debt. Fortunately my uncle was the one who paid all the debts of my father, and rebuilt my father's trading centres. Though a few years after, when I was barely ten years old. He passed away by some severe liver damage.

Then my eldest brother was killed by his friend in a duel. After that, the only living heirs were my second brother and me.

I hated it when people used to treat us as if we were some kind of a gods and godesses. But after the time started to pass away from our hand and we did grew up: My second brother is now in the bars of jail, he was blamed for doing murder of a dozen number of people, but without any kind of proofs or evidance he was saved from giving death penalty. Well, after a year later my brother was banished from the family, by my mother.

And like this, the L/n clan was blamed for not raising their children properly. More for myself, ever since I have came in this town, I had only visited my ancestral house twice. But well, I guess I have to shift my belongings in my  actual house.

My chain of thoughts were rudely disturbed, when I suddenly heard some galloping of horses outside the yard of the Hotel.

I pulled myself up from the coach and witnessed the mess I had done by smudging the ink all around my hand, must be the pen wasn't working well. I immediately cursed at my clumsiness and started to wipe my hand with a piece of cloth.

However my eyes focused on the open window, and through the mist of the dark fog, I chanced to look at a distant point of a light, like the gleam of an approching lantern. Along with the sound of the galloping horses.

Ah! The police constable was said to be coming today. I must have forgotten. He was going to look after the cases, which I had been requesting the government authorities to appoint me as the one.

As I wiped my hand with the rag and which was covered with blue ink. I recollected the type of words the Mayor had remarked to me, a few weeks back.
Rethinking about it, made me enraged again and I glared down at the window.

Three victims were discovered again in the town. One: Peter Van Garrett, a rich farmer and the former landowner of Sleepy Hollow, two: his son Drik, three: Emily Winship, a widow. The three dead bodies were witnessed in the span of three weeks, but though I wasn't in the case. I was still working on it. Tracing down the footprints of the headless horse man, reading the most standard books of dark legends and why they used to slice a human head.

In these weeks I am trying my level best to find the conclusions of the problems of this incredibly difficult case. But nothing is going right, deep inside I feel just too weary.

As I thought of my darkening life. My eyes flickered and I re-adjusted at the side of the window. Occasionally curious of who the actual constable was. Then, all of a sudden a second light flashed into a straight light evidently parallel with the first, and approching at the same rate of motion. I needed no second thought to show that these must be the carriage lamps of some private vehicle.

There was no doubt, however of the fact, for the lamps grew larger and brighter every moment, and I even fancied I could already see the dark outline of the carriage between them. It was coming very fast, and well, quite noisily.

Few people of the hotel receptionist were noticed at the entrance of the hotel, eagerly waiting for the guest. I recognised the manager of the hotel too. And it was no doubt that the importance of the position of the Police constable had driven their attention too.

The blood inside me gushed up and boiled like a huge plantonic lava, and it was well noticed on my cheeks. I was severly jealous of this man! All he did was, snatched my position in the town, snatched the case which I wanted to work for and snatched my self respect.
Except for the fact that he was still a stranger to me. And he didn't know me.

I glared from the window and noticed the body of the vehicle became distinctly visible behind the lamps. And it was right down, infront of my window.

The hotel manager, along with his minions huddled infront of the carriage; A young man peeked out from the carriage window, as he parted from the curtians and started to talk about something with the manager. And regardless for my own curiosity, it wasn't audible to be heard.

Few little boys rolled outside to take out his trunks from the carriage doors, towards the room he was given.

After a while I saw the young man standing in front of the carriage, accompanied by the hotel manager, still engrossed in the conversation.

I could say from the features of the man that he was young. The first thing I noticed of the police constable, was his dark black hair which was shockingly unkempt and pale, gently sculpted face. He was tall, approximately taller then the manager, but was lanky. I noticed he wore everything was gothic, from top to bottom.

I was so much engrossed at the sight of staring on his features, that I didn't even noticed a pair of dark brown eyes had suddenly raised up to look at me. I suddenly gasped that the owner of those brown eyes were he, himself.

The constable had felt the presence of someone staring at him, and had seen me staring, or rather glaring at him. Oh god! can't this be just too embarrassing?!

He was still staring at me.

And I did something: well I think I should have done it the very first time.

I closed my window and quickly drew the curtains around it, so that I couldn't be recognised by his deep brown eyes again.

Well, what a wonderful way of me being noticed by him for the first time. Or he would even forget about me afterwards?

"If he does, then he would definitely think that I am insane!" I mumbled to myself.

_
_
_
_