𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕳𝖔𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖒𝖆𝖓'𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖝𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖞.

(A. N. Not edited though)

                   ༺༒༻⒒༺༒༻

Y/n. Point. Of. View.

_
_
_
_

My lips twirled up and my eyes buldged in a bewildered horror as I saw a shadowy figure resting it's fragile body in the edge of the grand, century old bed. My body felt numb, as I saw from the gloomy light of the candle; in a vast distance, that the creature was moving it's head on the side. As if it was in a deep slumber and was steering in it's sleep.

I dared not faint. As I heard the creature groaning hoarsly in it's sleep. I shuddered at the blank darkness where I knew it lay. My eyes immediately lingered back at Mr Crane, I was just too enraged that he seemed to have no reactions to the ghastly sleeper. And who seemed to look more occupied over the other odds and ends of the room. Mr Crane stiffly moved his rapid footsteps around, capturing every details of the old, damp chamber by his wonder-struck eyes. It seemed like he was not aware of the deadly creature laying on the bed.

I let out a heavy breathe from my nose, not knowing how to gesture my sudden fear. I definitely knew that the creature was not visible in Mr Crane's eyes, but I knew that the creature was not of any kind of hallucinations by precise, "Mr Crane," I wishpered through my gritted teeth, just too conscious that I would accidentally awake the ghastly sleeper. The candle still clutched in my hand.

He paused for a moment by my sudden call, hesitated at first but turned around to focus his confused eyes over my startled ones.

"Anything you wanted to say?" He asked with his usual soft tone, a hint of anxiety appeard over me from his sudden voice; I was dreadfully struck in a long pattern of deja vu, as if these things are happening right now had already happened before. But I submerge the sudden sensation as I feared that the creature was moaning hoarsly in it's sleep. I felt the chill running down my spine as from the corner of my eyes I could notice that it was shifting it's posture side by side.

All I could do was pray that I would not wake up the ghostly figure. I was also tounge tied from the question and I was going out of my prepositions; I could not even say a word, my throat was choking me from inside. I noted that Mr Crane's confusion deepened into the lines of suspicios frown when he noticed my stiff form, while my sweat covered face was set in a firm blank expression. I knew I was scared, too much scared to even talk. But it was not my fault to have naturally inherited a poker face.

My lips quivered and I tried to force myself to point my index fingure towards the creature sleeping on the bed. But I stopped myself. I pondered for some moments; the haunt for the diary was long forgotten.

"I. There is something over there." I  bursted out viciously, as I saw an exasperated look thrown over me by Mr Crane. He stared at me oddly, I knew he was thinking definitely that I have gone insane. But I literally didn't cared much as I was used to the stage looks casted over me by the people, I shrugged my shoulders and pulled my hand out to give him a look over the bed.

He immediately craned his head up and turned his focus over the dark outline of the bed. I understood nothing about his expression. He seemed to look more confused than before, "There is nothing." Mr Crane said after a brief pause.

I pursed my lips with a hint of uneasiness running down in my mind, and turned my head in the same direction to look at the bed that the shadowy figure was . . . Gone?

"But . . ." I gasped with disbelief, as
I heard a sigh of disapproval from Mr Crane.
"We have come here to fetch the diary, detective L/n." He reminded me the same thing again. I felt like I was in a state of feverish enervation right now, which just makes my mind suffer as much as my body.
"I know it. Mr Crane," I replayed the book in my memory. But I had long forgotten the appearance of exactly how the diary would look.
"Aren't we gonna start finding the main thing first?" He asked again.