Chapter 9-Out in the Open

Tenn POV

The minute I saw tears flowing down Riku's face I forgot myself at that moment and was about to lunge over the counter and comfort my brother but in the process accidentally knocked over a couple of cups that shattered to the ground.

''Brat what do you think you're doing?'' Gaku hissed in horror, ''Get back down here or we'll be caught.''

I felt Gaku grab my arm and pull me back down into a kneeling position like before but when I lifted my head I felt my heart skip a beat when red teary eyes gazed locked with my light pinkish ones.

Oh No...

As I watched the way Riku's eyes widened in shock, I internally scolded myself when I realized that I had blown our cover, but...for some reason, Riku's expression only seemed to turn guiltier instead of the sadness that filled his expression earlier but he didn't have time to think about that before he felt someone grab both his shoulders push him back down the counter.

''Tenn what do you think you were doing?'' Iori asked in a shouted whisper.

''Yeah Tenn, what the fuck?'' Gaku asked, still gripping onto my shoulder, which I shook off aggressively when his grip got tighter

''He saw me.'' I said in a flat tone, ''Before you guys pulled me down, our eyes connected for a brief moment.''

I could already sense the incoming scolding he was about to recieve from the group.

''Oh, Hell No!'' Yamato whispered through gritted teeth, making everyone turn to him in surprise.

End of POV

Iori sat up in order to see what had the friend in distress, and looked in the direction of where of where Riku was still crying, but this time with strangers arms wrapped around him from behind.

''Please forgive me...'' Eren said in desperate tone, causing Riku to stop crying which made everyone internally grateful that his cries had stopped, but also enraged that their precious friend was being held by a possible hooligan.

"W-What?" Riku asked, his tone sounding weary.

The others took note of this and leaned a bit more forward.

"I don't like the way this is going..." Nagi said.

Mitsuki turned to him,"What's wrong Nagi-kun?"

"This man...Is German,'' Nagi replied.

Tamaki gulped. ''What makes you think that?''

''Look,''He said, pointing towards Eren, ''That man's eyes are a light green and blue turquoise colour. Quite a unique eye colour, right?''

''It certainly is weird though. To have such a bright eye colour for to be shrowded by...Emptiness,'' Yamato stated, adjusting his glasses as he kept his gaze on the man holding their center.

''No, it isn't,'' Nagi replied, his voice now dropping an octave lower, ''...Back when I still lived in Northermea, my older brother took me to one of the annual clan meetings. There I met and was introduced to three major clan leaders besides my father."

"First, is the Reiss family, descendants of the first emperor."

Gaku froze, "Wait a minute. I've heard of that name before."

"Yeah me too," Ryo said, his gaze now set in a frown.

Tenn was quiet for a moment before he remembered something Kujo-san told him.

'It must be so hard. Being born out of wedlock and having to govern the whole of England who still don't respect her.'

"Nagi, are you talking about the royal family in London?"