Chapter 6: Giving Up

Aria's POV

I woke up and I felt my throat dry because I haven't drank a drop of water since I came here. I think it has been 5 days and not only am I skinny to the point where my bones are already visible from my skin, I am also smelly. And I think that I will die any time. But I don't want a slow, painful death.

'I am also the first in the history of werewolves who is an Alpha's daughter with an Alpha blood who died because of hunger' I thought

'Hold on a little longer' Anna said through our mind link

'I can't, I'm so tired that I don't want to continue living and feeling the pain anymore' I replied

My body is already giving up on me. My vision started to have black spots. Even though they didn't torture me or abuse me they didn't give me food or water either. So it's like a slow death for me. I saw a shard of glass on the side of my cell. I picked it up and stare at it for a minute or two.

'I hope I wasn't born and I didn't exist in this world.' 

'No Aria don't say that' Anna said

'No! I'm just a mistake! I shouldn't have existed' I shouted through our mind link

'You're not a mistake. You are you, it's their fault that they didn't love you or cherish you' Anna said, calming me down

'I'm still here Aria, no matter what happened we are in this together' she said

"Thank you for your support, but I can't do it anymore... I'm so tired of my life... I wish I am the one who died and my brother is the one who survived. Since I am a good for nothing. I hope no one will miss me" I whispered to myself, thrusting the shard of glass to my chest close to my heart.

'Nooooooo!' Anna shouted in our mind link, but it slowly faded away until I heard and see nothing but darkness as I slowly fell on the cold floor of the cell...

Ethan's POV

While I was training with my pack in the grounds, I suddenly felt a pang of pain in my chest. And it started to be worse that I fall on the ground. My Beta helped me stand, then suddenly, I remembered the she-wolf that we caught last time. It's been 5 days since Josh talked to her and I ordered him to not give her any food or water.

I started to run towards the dungeon. Even though my chest still hurts, when I arrived inside the pain got worse than before but I tried my best to go to her cell. When I'm close enough, I smelled blood so I ran faster. When I arrived at her cell and saw her condition, it shocked me that my tears started welling up in my eyes and they fell one by one. I got to her side fast and check her pulse, thankfully she is still alive, barely. 

I picked her up, she's so skinny and there are dark bags under her eyes while her hair is disheveled. I pity her, 'I should've given her food and water.' 

While I was running towards the pack doctor my wolf is trying to mind link me, so I let him and what he said shocked me to the core. 

'Mate' my wolf Evan growled

'Mate is dying, faster!' he added and I complied

When we arrived to the pack doctor, she immediately helped me and treat my mate's injuries

"Don't worry Alpha, we will treat her" the pack doctor named Mina said

"Okay please save her" I replied worried

"I will but you have to move aside" Mina answered

"But-" 

Josh interrupted me and said "Alpha let's wait outside so that they can do their work. You know my mate, she can save her" Josh said and I growled at him but I involuntarily followed.

After an hour Mina came out of the operating room saying that my mate is now in a stable condition. But she didn't know when will Aria wake up, and that angered me. She also told me that apart from being malnourished she also has so many other wounds and broken bones that has been left untreated for a long time.

After Mina left, I entered my mate's room and sat by her side. My wolf is worried for her, I can feel it. I gently touched her hand and caressed her cheeks but she flinched a little with my actions. 

I didn't even know about her injuries, I should've asked the one who treated her wounds in the dungeon.

'But why didn't I feel the sparks when I first saw her?' I asked my wolf

'When you first saw her she had just accepted her first mate's rejection, so it is normal that you will not feel your connection with her.' Evan answered

I growled at his answer but when I saw my mate flinch and her face became contorted like someone is going to beat her. I stop myself from making loud noises and I placed my head beside her, caressing her face with my hand. With that position I fell asleep.

********************

Author's Note

I know that it is not as thrilling and dramatic as I imagined but hope you like it :)