Chapter 16: Sudden Attack

Aria's POV

It's been a month now since we started our pack training to prepare our pack for any war or sudden attack. I have also been spending extra hours for training to strengthen my abilities and my wolf so I can fight alongside my mate and become a rightful Luna of this pack.

I am now having a sparring session with Ethan's Gamma, Liam. Yesterday I fought with them in my wolf form. And he said that I am improving in many ways and if I keep on training I can fight alongside with Ethan sooner. We continued our training and keep talking about many ways to help me improve my skills more. Then we heard a loud explosion that I think is from the packs border so we immediately headed there, and since we are in the forest, we immediately reached the border. We saw our border patrols struggling to prevent the rogues from entering our territory. I decided to help them but Liam stopped me from getting closer to them.

"What?" I asked angrily

"Aria you can't go in there. Go back to the pack house and warn the Alpha about the attack, and most importantly stay there. Rogues are starting to fight their way in our border" he said and I trembled when I heard the word 'rogues'

I remembered the time when a rogue almost got me killed but I am saved by my brother.

'Let's go back to the pack house and ask for help' Anna said through mind link to stop me from over thinking so that we can do our job. I tried to argue but she blocked me so I transformed in my wolf form and headed to the way towards the pack house. On my way, I mind linked Ethan to tell our pack warriors to get ready for a sudden attack.

'Ethan there is a rouge attack on the northern side of our border' I said 

'Are you okay?' he asked worriedly through the mind link

'I'm fine. Send some help over there because Liam and the patrols alone cannot defeat a whole bunch of rouges' I said hurriedly

'Sure, I'll send them now. But where are you? Are you safe?' he asked still in mind link

'Yeah I'm fine, I'm heading to the pack house now' I replied hurriedly, when a rogue suddenly appeared in my way. I started to tremble in fear but I remembered the fighting moves and stances that Ethan and Liam taught me. So I let Anna take over since she is more expert than me in fighting when we are in our wolf form. Then I pounced on the rogue and he tried to shake me off of him so I took that chance to rip his neck using my fangs.

'Yuck I can still taste their blood. Why do you have to rip his neck using our mouth?' I said angrily to Anna

'What do you want me to do? That is the fastest way to kill a rogue.' Anna said nonchalantly

'Still maybe you could've used other parts of our body to kill him.' I said still disgusted with the taste of the rogue's blood.

We continued running towards the pack house and when I reached the entrance, I can see Ethan waiting for me with a shirt and shorts. I took the pair of clothes from him and hide behind a tree. Then I changed back to my human form and I put on the clothes.

"Is the pack warriors prepared now?" I asked

"Yes they are on their way to the border." Ethan replied "You made me so worried. I thought I'm gonna lose you like my parents."

"Like your parents?" I asked curious as to why I haven't seen his parents until now.

"Uh... Uhm... Well... Long story short, both my parents were on a business trip when they got attacked by rogues. That is the reason why I became Alpha at a young age since there is no one who can hold the position except me. That is also the reason why I don't trust intruders and rogues that got here in my territory." He explained

I felt pity for him since he has to suffer all that at a young age.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have asked about it. I didn't mean to make you upset" I apologize

"No it's not your fault. As I said before, we need to be honest with each other." he said then he smiled sadly "I will tell you the whole story after we solve this rogue attack." he added

"Okay. I can wait" I said with a smile in my lips. I am happy that he is willing to tell his past to me, like I did with him. His eyes became unfocused for a while. 'Maybe he is talking with the warriors through mind link' Anna suddenly said in my head 'Yes. I know that and you don't have to give me a heart attack for a simple matter' I replied

"I have to go to the borders to help our warriors defeat the rogues" he said after he finished talking with I think our pack warriors.

"I thought it is under their control?" I asked worried

"The rogues are too many so we need all male and female warriors in our pack to fight. This is the first time an attack like this happened" he explained

"I'll come with you. I can now fight and don't worry I can protect myself." I said

"No. You will not go there, I have a more important task for you." he replied making me disappointed

"Why can't I fight with you? What are the trainings for? If I can't still fight with you in a real battle?" I asked with tears started streaming down to my face. I thought he trusts me, but he can't even let me fight with him. He still thinks that I am a weak she-wolf who can't protect herself let alone a whole pack.

"You have to evacuate the young and female wolves to a safe place, so that they will not be affected and hurt by the incoming battle." he explained softly then he wiped my tears using his thumb

"I entrust you their safety. You have to protect them. Do you understand?" he asked to which I nodded, 'cause I can't utter a word since I'm still sobbing.

"I will protect them. Don't worry." I said after calming myself

"I know you will, I love you" he replied giving me a kiss full of love in my lips.

"I love you too. Come back safe and alive" I said then I kissed him again. He turned into his wolf and run towards the northern border of our pack. After a while, his silhouette disappeared in the forest so I headed back to the pack house and started to gather the female and young wolves of our pack who didn't have a knowledge in fighting and defending themselves. I led them to the underground hiding place just below the pack house. This is were the wolves who didn't train to fight hides when the pack is under an attack.

********************

Author's Note

Hope you like it. It's not as thrilling as I thought because I can't put some of my imaginations to words.

Please vote and comment :) Thank You