Part IX. Would you like a slice of feminism with your punch in the face ?

If there was one thing Katsuki would always concede, it was that you generally had your shit more together than him. It wasn't an exploit in itself, but it had the merit to explain why he was as lost as a six years old kid in front of a quadratic equation when you were the one visibly upset. Which was actually the case.

It wasn't like you were The Fairy of Undying Cheerfulness, born without the capacity of feeling any negative emotion, he knew it. He did witnessed some of your bad days already, but this time it was different. You were silent, distant, and hadn't drop a single hint about what was going on. Whatever was eating at you, you were keeping it from him. It wasn't helping that he still had those weird flashbacks from middle school as dreams, and the questions he started to ask himself were echoing through his skull louder every day.

Why did you come back to talk to him after your first encounter ? Why did you bother with him ? What did you find in him that deserved to be loved ? Why cloister yourself in a relationship with an unstable motherfucker like him ? Why did you choose him ?

Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? Why ? It didn't make any sense, and Katsuki was too much of a pragmatic to believe that love had no foundation, that you just saw him exploding shit and felt your heart missed a beat thinking 'this is him, the love of my life'. He must have said or done something good once to make you love him, but he had no idea what. It ate at him. Once a question planted itself in his mind, nothing could uproot it except the answer, and until he had it, it would just swell bigger and bigger, dozens of 'what if ' blooming as the days passed, until it took up all his thoughts.

It drove him crazy.

Since when did him, Bakugô Katsuki, even ask himself such questions ? Now that he thought about it, the whole questioning started right after you had sex for the first time. Reaching this turning point undeniably triggered something in him. Ever since you gave yourself to him, he felt like he owe you somehow. It was as if sex suddenly made him realize how serious this whole relationship stuff had become, and how little his contribution to it was.

Maybe he could have untangled the whole situation if he had been someone calmer, someone softer, but Katsuki was a spitfire. His emotions bottled up, piled up like the different layers of a cocktail Molotov until everything was so shaken he couldn't tell his feelings apart anymore, doubt mixing with fear, hate drowning in confusion, all blending together to end in a monochromatic and blurry solution he couldn't name or defuse. All that was left for it was to explode.

It was like a Pandora's box. When all feelings had flown away beyond his control, only one was left for him in the box. But contrary to the myths, it wasn't hope, it was regret. Regret for his harsh choice of words when he yelled at you to force some explanation out of you, regret for not being able to apologize even when he knew he crossed the line.

Regret for not even ruling against you when you slapped him and kicked him out of your home.

***

To say that Katsuki was in a bad mood would be the biggest euphemism ever. A dark aura was emitting from his whole body, his eyes so lit they seemed to be lasers. Even his hair was spikier than usual, looking like you could prick yourself if you touch it. He hadn't heard of you since your fight few days ago, and it pissed him off. He had zero idea on how he was supposed to handle this shit. It never ever crossed his mind that you two could end up in such a situation. What a fucking mess...

It was barely if he noticed the happy chit-chat of his classmates when he passed through the common living room, aiming straight for his room.

« Hey, Bakugô ! » Kaminari waved from the sofa. « C'mere ! We need your opinion man ! »