Storm.

The weather outside reflects my mood. Now that adrenaline has dissipated, I am aware of how exhausted and sore I am. My muscles scream from the struggles of the night, and my chest aches. Bruising. Bruised ribs. None cracked, but now the bruising is becoming visibly evident. Regina was able to escape after our interview, and I had told Sean about her and our legal agreement over the interview and background info. He seemed a bit shocked, but pleasantly so at the idea of getting the media on our side. I also told him of what she had told me. This sent him running outside to make more calls.

I am thankful to him for taking my dogs into his home for his wife to help look after. I'm even more grateful that he brought us hygiene products, and clothes from the house. I feel much better having a legitimate shirt on. I'm sure Dallas would feel better too having his pajamas on rather than this thin hospital gown. I had requested Sean bring button up pajama shirts, to make dressing around his head and leads easier.

I change the basin water several times to keep the temperature nicely warm, and I left the towels on the window seal to let the cloudy sun heat them. I know in an hour it will be dark and rainy again. It has been extreme and unpredictable all day. I sit the products on his side table as I work. I wash him top to bottom, drying quickly so he doesn't get cold and covering him with fresh towels for privacy as I work. Once I get to his dangle bits, I groan and look up at the ceiling while I clean.

"Sorry Dal. I just had to get you clean, you smelled like sweat and iodine solution. I really hope you remember none of this, because I know you would laugh your ass off at my sad ass attempt at playing nurse here."

I finish his bed bath, and I run the lotion under hot water from the faucet in the room to break the chill. I lotion him down, using a nice boubon scent that mimics his favorite types of cologne. I style his hair as he likes to wear it, and I tuck another towel under his chin as I clean his around his cheeks and jawline with a razor. I know he was growing a short beard in, so I intend to keep it soft and neat for him.

I brush his teeth, and trim his nails and I stand back to admire him. He looks more like himself this way. He looks cozy, and clean. I put his socks on and I pull up a leg and begin stretching and working his muscles. I do so many reps on each limb, then carefully rotate his head and I use the drawsheet to turn him sides and prop him with pillows.

"Would you like a job here?" Dr. Rogers asks as he enters the room, admiring my work with Dallas.

"I actually applied here once, and you guys were quick to reject me."

"Our loss really. He's a large man. I'm impressed you bathed and dressed him alone. You would be a natural here."

"I'll be here a bit, and I'll gladly do his care free of charge. Can you keep his room private?"

"With your case, and the media attention on him we've all agreed to keep him private as soon as he was admitted. You being the exception. I insist though, since you are technically admitted, that you actually rest some. You can't pour from an empty glass. You didn't eat breakfast, so try lunch?" He hands me a pamphlet. "There's tons of options. Food here is actually enjoyable! I eat here on my breaks most times. Dallas is still getting NG feedings, but you are welcome to put liquids on the oral care sponges and keep his mouth moist."

"Thank you. I'll try to eat something."

"Please do. I don't imagine I'd enjoy the struggle of placing you an NG." With that, he points at me and leaves.

I shower, locking the room door. I turn my camera on my phone on and set it facing Dallas to record. Excessive, but I have little trust in anything. I am terrified that someone will mess with him in this state where he cannot tell me or defend himself. I shower quickly, and dress. I take a few minutes to dry my hair and care for my own teeth and skin after peeping out to see he is fine. The air of these rooms, combined with the storny weather outside makes wet hair cold and uncomfortable. I know it will frizz, but I thoroughly dry it and braid it back.