Destroyed Aliance.

*Back to Kellan*

I had wanted to fall behind knowing well, that if able, Alina would try to retrace her steps to escape. John and Corey would not allow anyone but one sobbing girl to remain behind. The girl only got her pass because she was sniveling too hard to be of much use in the search. She was still reeling from the earlier events.

Alina will have to go back towards the house though. Wounded, without her prosthetic, and with likely no information about her location she would be ignorant to delve deeper into the woods here than she had to. She would risk becoming lost, or too weak to make it back. She has to be somewhere close. And ground level, because I don't see her climbing with only one leg, one injured leg.

I kick a few stray limbs aside as I roam pointlessly into the brush. The idea is stupid, and I doubt anyone besides me here knows what they are doing. I can hear then even after they have long passed me, but I intend to stay in place until I believe they have forgotten me.

I still have my burner phone, but my weapons save for the small pocket knife in my shoe are long gone. Everything but phones and keys were chucked into the fire. I had wanted to slip up on the others and kill them, but this will prove much more difficult now. There's a chance I could be heard if I'm not fast enough, and having to use my hands or that knife certainly will not end them quickly enough to stop telltale noise. I'm outnumbered. If I were caught or interrupted in attempted murder by a handful of them or even just a larger man I could be killed myself.

I want to kill them. Is it worth risking collateral damage to kill them? Or do I just attempt to find Alina before they do? What if I don't though? Then I'd have to contend with the group or at least those who found her to get her, then to leave. I would have to kill her and then leave her. I'd be vulnerable myself to try to lug her out of here, and I have already been over this all in my head. She has to die.

"Hey! Hey you!" I startle and snap my head around to see the tiny abomination trudging towards me.

"I'm talking to you-"

"I'm aware. I was ignoring you."

"Ouch. Blunt much? Listen, I'm scared shitless out here and I can't see anything without my phone. I brought no flashlight. I wasn't aware we'd have to find her ourselves..." Shyla grumbles. I sigh and relent to answer her.

"No shit. They could've gave a warning so we all could've came prepared."

"For real. Do you mind if I stay with you? You had a light?"

"I prefer you not. I do, but why use it? Might as well hold a flyer up for her to spot us. If you use a light, so can spot it from some distance depending on her location. If she's on a hill or higher than us, she would sew everything."

"That actually makes sense. I have a theory..." I arch a brow at her.

"Speak."

"Well...I...um...she can't really walk if John and Corey are right. So why on Earth would she want to stay in the woods? I can walk and have no...well...few injuries...and I don't even want to be out here. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, won't she come back? Why are we out here? We could've hid and waited for her to return unless she's too injured to make it in. We should've been able to keep our phones just like Corey and John did so we could communicate. Why didn't everyone get a light too? Discriminatory bullshit. Only guys got the lights." She huffs.

"I thought the same. That's why you should go back to the house. You can yell for us if you spot her."

"Then why don't you come back with me? We can find her before the others when she comes back and treat her. She's not stupid, you know she's going to sneak back to swipe a car or something. I would."