Plotting Together.

Chelle takes perch beside me on the basement floor. Her eyes still wild, her feet tucked under her bottom as she squats like a bird of prey. She has examined every inch of me she can by now, watching to be sure the others haven't noticed. She's even taken to looking through my hair. Wouldn't want to be a scar, gray hair, or a freckle she could imitate. To my relief, she has softened hair demeanor a tad. Her hands are light as air as she breezes over me. Must be afraid of how Kellan would react to her messing around me.

"What are they doing?" I brave. She wrinkles her nose.

"I'm not telling you. Raymond and Kellan haven't told me to tell you."

"So, which one do we listen to? What if one says one thing, and one says another?" I probe. I can tell by watching her that she might be easier to crack than the guys. She is often nervous, distracted by looking around, and can't seem to decide how she feels about me.

"Trouble maker. Shush it." Her eyes bulge as she darts her head over her shoulder. "They are going to hear you. Don't cause trouble. Idiot. How have you survived all this time?"

"I'm too stupid to die." I sigh. "So, who do we listen to?"

"Drop it."

"Nope." I pop the p like a child. Just grinding her gears. She grumbles and cuts her eyes at me, but I look up at the feeling and around the walls like a bored, bratty child. "I have a proposition."

"Nope." She imitates me, and despite our situation I grin. I'm under her skin already.

"Fine. Advice then?" Chelle likes flattery. She was delighted that she thought I liked her shirt. She seems to seek approval, and even if I annoy her, I'm going to give her positive reinforcement. If mind games worked for Kellan, and on Kellan, she surely will be little different.

"Humor me. I'm bored."

I think over what I'm about to say. I don't care for the direction I'm going to go with this, but I know these people will likely take Kellan's back over Raymond's. Raymond would kill me no doubt, he has no bond to me, and has shown me nothing. He's the devil I don't know. Kellan is the devil that I do. I know he could, and would kill me. But, but, he has a soft spot for me. He has often hesitated when he has had the opportunity to finish me off. I'd have better odds to bank on him, and to try to go along with whatever he is trying to pull off here.

"You're going to want to listen to Kellan." Her mouth hangs open, and she arches a brow. She scoots closer and tucks herself into my side.

"What do you mean? Don't fuck around, I'm serious. What's does that mean?" She wrings her palms on her pants and looks between me and the others as we continue our hushed conversations.

"You are going to want to be on his side, because he attacked Kellan in the woods. This is not going to blow over well. You are pretty, strong, and obviously smarter than them. Don't pay for their fuck ups." She tilts her head.

"He thought he was Dylan. He can't be mad-"

"He will though. He stomped me into my own puke because he had upset you stomach. Now, imagine what he'll do to a man who attacked and humiliated him."

"Why should I listen to you? What if he's not actually Kellan? Why would you help me? You don't care about-" I furrow and set my jaw, frankly tired of assumptions that I am such a selfish asshole because I aspired to live and not be maimed by their idol.

"I do care about people. Why do you think I killed those women? What he was going to do, was going to be worse."

"Wh-whats worse than death?" She stutters.