Arsonists.

*Alina's POV 🙃💚*

The thud had nearly stopped my heart, and Riley stuffs me into the broom closet without single warning. I knew she was strong, but I'm flabbergasted at how easily I was lifted and flung into the closet. So much so I can only blink. I hear her scurry away, and I bolt the door.

"Riley!" The thumping is on the window now, it sounds, and a muffled male voice can be heard. I shudder in spite of my intentions to be still.

"Coming!" She bounds to the door and opens it slowly.

"What are you doing in here?"

"I had to potty. What are you doing here?"

"Potty? You three?"

"Fine. Poop. Shit. Defecate. Better? You need something?"

"Yeah. Was actually needing the restroom too." He counters, and I can't see or identify him, but I know he's lying.

"Well, come in. I'm actually about to head back out in a second." There's a long, odd pause and I'm dying to peek under the door, but I do not move. I simply fist the closest handle to me unaware if it's broom, mop or even one of those stick vacuums.

The floor creaks under his weight as he moves through the room. I'm slightly claustrophobic and I scold myself for starting to smother as his feet edge closer to me. I might need the bathroom too after this. He pauses, and my heart stops with him. Go. Just go. Good grief.

"Quick question, Riley."

"Hmm?"

"Where is the bathroom?"

"I-um...here follow me. I'm terrible with directions even if I just came from there. I'm still a bit thrown off from earlier-"

"I understand. I'm sorry. I truly am. My temper got the best of me. I'm just used to leading and I feel the others are incompetent, you feel me? You are smart enough to see that Dylan likes to stir the pot and instigate. Even if you and I disagreed, we can agree that he is suspect."

"I didn't see him hurt anybody or instigate anything, but whatever helps you sleep at night. Point is, we just all got to get it together and move like a real group if we want to be taken seriously."

"True enough. However, this isn't the bathroom. So tell me, what we're you really doing in here?"

"I went to the bathroom."

"You did not."

"Fine. I got scared in the woods. I'm still shaken up, so I thought I'd wait in here for everyone to come back. I never made it to the restroom, I was checking the kitchen cabinets for Tylenol."

"You wouldn't lie to me?"

"What do I gain from lying to you about this?"

"Nothing that I know of."

"Don't you need to find the restroom?" I could hear Riley prompt again. To my relief, I could hear the man step away. A few minutes passed before Riley quietly addressed me.

"Stay calm. Stay quiet. I'll get him out of here soon as I can." I don't risk replying, instead I stay silent until I hear him return.

They exchange a few more sentences once he emerges and he urges Riley to contact him with anything she finds suspicious. I can practically hear the skepticism in his voice as he finally takes his leave, and suck in a huge gulp of air. I was unaware I had held my breath. As my chest deflates and Riley scurried around, soon she releases me from the closet and helps me up. She supports me and guides me to the dining room, where I'm relieved to see the blinds drawn.