Party Games.

*back with Kellan. We want to throw rocks at him, but it's necessary. 🤣💚*

I begrudgingly play along, trailing Corey with cases of beer and soda. A nerdy man and three women lurk in the backyard, waiting for the coolers to be filled and food to come out. Corey plays loud music from a stereo, while John grumbles and tries to make small talk with the women. One woman occasionally eyes me, and I intentionally ignore her. My mood still foul from earlier news.

Each woman is dressed in a similar manner to Alina, no doubt replicating the photos which had spread once through the news when our story blew up. They stand in their group discussing weather, theories, and distaste of Alina. This draws a chuckle from me, considering each of them have copied her either in clothing or hair. The man looks around, as if searching for something, but redirects his attention when noticed.

"How many will be here? She's here right, in the house?"

"I'm not sure. Twenty? That's all that showed interest unless more pop up. She's here, just not in there. I'll go into details when we think everybody that's comin' is here."

"How do we know there's no feds or nothing?" His voice is nasally, and dramatic.

"We shake them down. Everybody empties their pockets, leaves their ID in the house."

"I'm not leaving my ID! If we are busted before we can get them, then there's no way to get out of this." The tallest girl complains. My ID is fake, but I agree with her point.

"I'm not keen on the idea either." I concur, and the girl seemingly gloats.

"That's why we aren't going to get caught."

John shrugs as he lights a fire in the pit, and several torches for light. The beat and sexual lyrics of the music entices the women to dance, and they hardly notice that more vehicles have arrived. Several more men and women approach the house and Corey leads them to the back with us. They are giddy, large creepy sneers across their faces as they scurry to the backyard like a pack of hyenas.

"Where is she?" One shrieks in excitement. She bounces on her heels and twirls her hair like a mental patient, and I decide she might be the first female here to die.

"Get to that soon, when everybody is here that will be here." She pouts and sits near me.

"What's your name?" God damn it. Sit elsewhere. I groan audibly as I turn my focus to her.

"Dylan." The lie comes so naturally, and I remind myself to remember 'Dylan' who is apparently my new alias.

"I'm Shyla, it is nice to meet you." Her eyes roam across my shoulders and to my forearm. I get up from the seat and stand along the house. Corey is quick to follow me.

"Dude, what gives? You've had two of them already eyeing you. Why don't you move on them? Talk, flirt, something. Could be swimming in ass man, but you're hydrophobic."

"Actually, I've got my eye on someone else."

"I see! Lady at home?"

"Actually, I was hoping to woo Alina herself. Maybe that's just my inner fan dreaming out loud, but it wouldn't hurt to try." I try to act bashful, and Corey doubles over to hold his sides. He speaks once he's finished laughing. It wasn't that funny.

"Oh man. No. No sir. Do not go down that road. It is a dead end, I swear to you." I stare quizzically while he prepares to explain.

"You see, I tried that. We had her here, at our mercy. She couldn't even hold herself up on her leg. She initiated though, totally all over me while I was trying to bathe her. Flirting, teasing. Wet and pushing her breasts together. Then, out of nowhere she beat my ass and got out the window. I'm still not entirely sure what even happened. One minute, I'm laughing with her and getting my eyes full. The next I'm sprawled out in an empty bathroom and she is gone." His voice is lowered as he looks around for witnesses of his confession. I have this fool to think for losing my little gem.