Bon Appétit.

I dare to peek, bewildered at the insanity taking place around me. This isn't the Kellan I know, and that makes this all more frightening. I get whiplash from his personas, and how quickly he can sail from one to the other and pull each off with such ease. He's an actor. If he were a celebrity, he could win awards by the dozen. Without even lifting a finger, he has already killed a woman and regained control of his cult.

His eyes meet mine, and I look up at him. I shiver and blink at the bastard before me. His eyes are blown wide, and he gives me an expression that I am unfamiliar with. Shock? Shock, recognition, and a slight bit of...disgust? I don't understand, so I look away. He tosses his head, as if clearing it, and he turns from me.

"Yes. A scavenger hunt." Raquel bounces on her feet, and strides to the corner. I dare to watch her, and I regret that decision. I huff as she squats and pulls her panties down from bellow her skirt. She tugs them past her ankles, and steps out of them. She approaches Kellan, underwear spining on her finger and grins.

"I found my weapon." She drawls. Her grin spreads wide across her face as she struts around the room. The others have taken this as a signal to find their own weapon, and bodies wander to and fro. A man nearly steps on my foot in his haste to explore around me.

"How she gonna kill him with panties?" Chelle whispers, almost inaudible.

"With the smell." I whisper back, trying to temporarily amuse us. Chelle gives a nervous smirk and glances towards the others.

"I should go." I nod to her.

"Go. Be careful." She winks at me, where nobody can see her, and saunters away. She should go. She will be outcast if they see her not joining in on the weapon hunt, or maybe even spending too much time near me. I get anxious as she gets farther away, but I know she has to. I hope I've told her enough to keep her safe.

I startle each time someone approaches me, new faces using this opportunity to get a closer look. Some give a muffled hello, others a mumbled curse. I expect as much though. People who hold Kellan to such Godlike status, probably would see me as the anti-christ. As one nears, I make sure I meet their eyes. Some of them have a devilish glint, amused to see me bound and in this state. Others seem a bit guilty or put off by me, looking away sharply or down at their shoes. These ones I imagine would hesitate the most to off me.

I see hand tools lifted, odds and ends red bricks, extension cords, flimsy utility knives, all sorts of odds and ends. It makes my skin crawl. These are the weapons. The instruments that will take lives shortly, and not one of them appears quick or painless. I don't look towards Corey or Raymond, despite their misdeeds, I don't have the courage too. Instead I find myself staring at the floor before me, and wondering about Riley. Please let her be safe. I squeeze my eyes shut for a moment to fantasize.

Riley is safe. At the police station rallying up a squadron of bulky tactical men in riot gear armed to the brim to come raid this house. Riley is a hero. She's safe. Dallas might be conscious now and she'll meet him. He'll adore her, they'll bond that sibling bond and he will have someone to take his mind away from me. He'll come home and have Creature, Critter and all their babies to love. With me gone, or dead, he might have peace. I slump.
That's all I can ask for, those I love and who have helped me to have peace and happiness. Maybe even someone to notice the forest fire and delve into it? That could be nice at this point too.

"Alina." I snap my head up to see Kellan. He extends a bottle of water to me, and I try to grasp it despite my restraints. I study the cap, to see it hasn't been tampered with. He smiles, but it doesn't reach his eyes. His eyes never meet mine.

"Yes. I remembered." He chuckled. " I thought you might be thirsty. I had Chelle to step out and get this for you." He takes it away and twist off the cap. "I drank one. It is safe." I nod my head and nurse the bottle.