Chapter 14

Christian

It was almost midnight when I look at my watch, Emersyn still wasn't here yet. Caleb was pacing around the room. I know he was worried about her, and sadly so was I. Lately we notice she had the sudden urge to ask us for money and we didn't mind but it was not like her to want something from us.

Yet every time we meet up with her, she would have the same clothing on that she had previously. Somethings didn't add up but I kept my concerns to myself and just cherished the moments I spends with her. I looks around the room. It was decorated with lavender balloons and gold confetti and a cute cake for her birthday.

Caleb and I wanted to surprise her when she got her and yet she is late. I called her couple of time but it just rang and went to voicemail and Caleb tried calling and texting her but she didn't respond. It was getting late and I was getting frustrated. Then Caleb phone rang and we both Jumped.

"Hello?" Caleb said and I stood by him watching his facial expressions good different each minute "thank you for tell us." He suddenly said. And put his phone away sighing as he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What happened?" I asked "she gone.." he said and I couldn't understand "whose gone? Who was that ok the phone?" I asked again. Caleb sighed "Emersyn ran away. That was her aunt on the phone, they found a letter with her phone that has been ringing none stop which was us. And then they read the letter she left behind and it just said. She was leaving to find her own life and she wasn't coming back. And to not to look for her." He said as a tear fell from his face.

I realize also that was tearing up too and I wiped my face, I have never cried my entire life and I was right now in this moment. "Did it say anything about us?" I asked and he shook his head. "What the fuck!!" I scream throwing a vase of flowers at the wall. "How could she just leave us? Is that why she wanted our money?" I said to him and his eyes widen as he realized what I realize at the same time.

"Oh my god that bitch.. she never wanted us and was using us. And took our money and ran off before we found out. It's her 18th birthday yesterday and she knew what we was gonna try to do." Caleb said fuming and I was equally mad.

"She can run but she can't hide.. we will find her."  I said with promise.

To be continued...