Grace's Diary: Entry #1.2

PART TWO

When I woke up, Eliza was tying her shoe laces and putting some perfume on her. I rubbed my eyes and felt quite better. However, I knew I needed to take a shower as a top priority. 

"You feeling better, sweetie?", I heard my friend ask sweetly as I passed her and went straight to the bathroom.

"Yup", I said, even though I had slept a few hours more, I felt my body tired.

Many things had happened in the short span of 48 hours. So I took my time taking a proper shower and making sure I didn't touch the bruised spot in my forehead. When I was drying my hair with a towel in front of the mirror, I heard someone knocking the door and then some hushed words being exchanged between Eliza and a man.

"Shut up!", I heard Eliza welp and then a laugh.

"What it is?", I asked, almost squinting my eyes as I went out of the bathroom smoothly.

Eliza and Freddie looked back at me, smiles on their faces.

"Nothing, just came to invite you cordially to dine with us!", I saw Freddie's eyebrows going all the way up. I was in nothing but a bathrobe and my wet hair.

"Sure, where is it?", I asked, nonchalantly, not mentioning Roger in any moment. Making as if I don't care where he is or how he is. I was dying to ask him about his mother. Love doesn't just die, you know. Even though it takes a few minutes to break your heart.

I was almost sure we'd be back together in a few days or hours. But at that moment, I just felt tired and angry. Now I felt more rested and easy. Imagining him appearing just right now, I'd probably kiss him.

Being in love was confusing, and I wasn't sure if it meant to hurt as much as it did sometimes, but sometimes I'd rather focus on the bright side of being in a relationship.

The way he loves me, the way he caresses me, the way he looks back at me whenever he sees something he finds amusing. A smile crept on my face, remembering the way he'd ask me questions about anything he'd find interesting or that he didn't know. How his nose wrinkles whenever I'm telling him jokes that aren't funny and his big yawns whenever he's too tired to even function.

Yeah, that's Roger. 

The guy that knows my favorite flowers, my favorite food and places. The one that would take care of me when I'm sick and that would dry my tears and make me laugh, even though he knows that I'm a crybaby.

"Freddie", I called him. He looked back at me from the small chat he was having with Eliza. "Where's Roger?", I asked him.

I think that he was waiting for that question, because he had a big smile on his face as he kissed his teeth. "He went out a few hours ago, he said he had to take care of something"

I nodded slowly as Eliza tugged his arm. "I'm low in cigarettes, d'you have some?"

"Yes Lilibeth, let's go", Freddie said poshly, taking her arm under his and then looking back at me. "I'll come for you in about... half an hour, please be late"

I smiled and nodded again. Then the both of them went out of the hotel room and I was all alone, again.

The fuzzy memories of high and drunk Roger appearing in the back of my mind, calling my conscience back to angriness. But I didn't want to be angry anymore. You can't change someone and since the day I met him, I knew how he was and accepted him.

Maybe he wasn't being honest with how he truly felt about me wanting to take the next big step. I was craving for a family, the same way his bandmates had one and maybe I just wanted a home where I could stay.