Chapter 9

Days were as busier as ever as the first leg of the tour was coming to an end soon. Grace would run back and forth as the day had just started for the band members at 10 AM. She had knocked everyone's door to make sure they woke up for brunch. The paperclip was over her chest as she was holding it with one arm and her eyes were focused on her wrist watch. Five minutes for 10:15AM. They would be down soon.

She had sit down in her usual seat, in the corner of the table as Freddie would usually seat in the head seat and John at her right. Roger and Brian would seat in front of them and then they would start talking about last night and things that could have been done better and things that have been done excellently.

Her fingers tapped the table as the waiters were already finishing setting the auto service food table and then the first one to arrive was John, as usual.

"Good morning, Gracie", he had greeted her with a smile, making her stand up of her seat just to follow John as he took a plate and started serving himself some toast and cheese as she took pancakes. "You're quite a fan of pancakes", he commented after eyeing her plate.

"Says the man obsessed with toast and cheese", she lifted her brow jokingly as he snickered.

"Good morning", Brian had appeared and took a plate behind Grace. "Slept well?", he asked at her as she nodded. "I wish I could say the same"

"Why?", she asked worryingly as she wanted them to sleep the best they could since after eating, the day would be packed between outfit fittings and then directly to soundcheck. They would leaving for the venue as soon as they could since they had to head out for Vancouver as soon as they ended the show.

"Well, it seems that Roger had a fight with his girl", he said in a low voice so only she and John could her, making her lift her eyebrows in surprise. "He wasn't drunk but he was absolutely pissed for some reason--"

"I want to know too!", Freddie had sneaked his way into the little circle he had created. "What were you talking about? I want to know too, let me know--!", Brian had hushed him down as Roger would be down at any minute.

"Rog and Dom had a fight", John whispered and then continued walking through the table to grab a glass, passing it to Grace and then grabbing a cup for himself. He was the early companion of Grace so he kind of knew what she liked to eat and whatnot. Orange juice was an absolutely must for her. She smiled at the detail, passing by at the gossip the other two members were speaking.

"Thank you", she had nodded at him as they were making their way to the table.

Brian and Freddie were still talking the same time she had started pouring the syrup over her pancakes when Roger entered the room. He had a killer face, she thought he'd might be ready to kill someone in that same instant.

"You okay, mate?", Brian had asked him as he served himself some scrambled eggs. Grace and John were now in a conversation that had nothing to do with the gossiping.

"Yeah", Roger spit in a very rough tone of voice that made Brian grimace and keep doing his own thing, letting his friend cool down a bit. As Brian left for the table, only Freddie and Roger were in the serving table. A donut fell off Roger's hand onto the floor and he almost lost his shit. "This is unbelievable--", he growled as his friend rolled his eyes.

"Just spit it out, Rog... we've already noticed something's wrong"

Roger's eyes went to see the girl sitting and talking comfortably with John and then he looked at Freddie again. Freddie's eyes following his, he opened his mouth to talk but Roger simply walked the other way as to serve himself some breakfast in silence with his angry face.